While the human body can survive weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is an essential part of our existence. Food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are worried, food is much more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body could go days without food and this is true. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only is there a lack of taste, it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Digestive Enzymes Vs Behind The Ear
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Vs Behind The Ear
When we take in food it is processed in a way that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This is the process we call digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It’s been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that should really not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. This is even in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already be aware of this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down different kinds of food items. The pancreas alone, the engine that we discussed earlier, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as those, it’s best to go visit your doctor. For milder symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Behind The Ear
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you are having difficulty digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance what’s already present inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be utilized regularly
But, it doesn’t mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. They are not medicine that should never be taken as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are helpful to you, but the most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Vs Behind The Ear
Digestive Enzymes and Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes for digesting specific types of foods. If you have problems digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would give you the enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard to think that these digestive supplement has all its requirements all covered. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to oils, fats grains, even table sugar, it appears like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check on what the supplements are made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have its list of ingredient front and center. It’s on the label of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable difference between the usual ingredient list and what can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may find that one ingredient has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason for this has much to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the kind of food they breakdown. For instance, if it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is composed of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are classified into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. – These enzymes are amongst the most crucial in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking the protein into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that is be found in the juice of a pineapple, specifically in the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in the breaking down of proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruits. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small proteins. They not only break proteins, but they can also be used to modify many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine with saliva in the mouth, which is the first step towards the digestion process. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase which is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stool.
- Lactase – This enzyme mainly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found that is present in milk into two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms, it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to break them down effortlessly. Digestive Enzymes Vs Behind The Ear
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who like oily and fat-rich foods. It is a fact of information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. With lipase, the body will have no trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to reduce the feeling of fullness when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase This set of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is one of the many important enzymes that are required to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when it comes to bone health. When phytase is activated, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like zinc and iron. Through Phytase the zinc and iron are released, and are easily taken in into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals like calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Use
Like many supplements available on marketplace, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to take 2 tablets per day and make sure you use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule, while still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. That said, the amount of times you consume one capsule is really your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. Any more than that might have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow the body to have a simpler and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should also appear. It could include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance is a tell of your overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. However, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
To this end an enlightened skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other disorders.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there have been no reported adverse effect. So, it’s safe to take just so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
As with any other food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant it is advised to check and visit your physician. Digestive Enzymes Vs Behind The Ear
Another thing to note to be aware of is the fact that this supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. As such, if you are someone who have an allergy to any of these substances, then it may be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. It is also important to remember that shipping costs are not free. As such, shipping price is added onto the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one bottle can save you a lot of value and can even save lots of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you believe you’ll use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I suggest buying the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. Therefore, it is essential to access them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide selection of enzymes that be used to treat a variety of food
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition kmore
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- May not be good for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can opt for one that is targeted or you can choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for people looking to improve their digestion because they love eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-based method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good quality because the supplement is honest on what it can offer and what it cannot. It isn’t waste of time.
Upon getting my bottles, which, mind you, only took three days to arrive I was thrilled about launching my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me when I opened the bottle. This was something I did not anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not too small to make you question whether you’re getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes Vs Behind The Ear
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for three months so far (I prefer taking two pills each day, which was a good sweet spot for me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects weren’t instantaneous. It was around the third week, when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better and that my frequent trips to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking this supplement in the future. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but so far I’m not sure.
Frequently Asked Questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Behind The Ear
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
How long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. The same way you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying supplements in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old, and people who have allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.