While the human body can endure for weeks without food, food is still a crucial piece of our lives. Be it food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. It’s food.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn, our whole body is involved, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body could go days without food and this is indeed true. The body is able to survive on water alone sustaining it but it isn’t a good idea. There is not only the absence of taste but your body would have nothing to digest. Digestive Enzymes Vs Antacids
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes Vs Antacids
When we take in food the food is processed in that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This process is what we call digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts at the mouth and finishes up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It’s been taught in the school since the 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that should really not be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is certain that life isn’t exactly the same without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place.
Three parts are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes that breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already be aware of this however, there are many types of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food items. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of main digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t something to take lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stomach oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it is advised to consult your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Antacids
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help those who have difficulty digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is carefully selected combinations of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase the existing enzymes inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be used regularly
But, it does not mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a medicine and should not be taken as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial to our bodies, best ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. So supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Antacids
Digestive Enzymes and Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar These supplements can give you the enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. It is made up of dozens of enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, thereby making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the supplement’s formula give credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplements got all their needs provided. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, to oils, fats grains, and table sugar, it seems that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on the ingredients that the product is made up of. It could be probiotics, dietary or digestive enzymes Any supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed their list of ingredients front and center. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
You may notice the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may see that one ingredient has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has much to do with the ingredients that compose the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise mostly made up of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost label these enzymes depending on the kind of food they are breaking down. For instance, if it talks of enzymes which break carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are divided into the type of food they eat. They are divided into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the hardworking enzymes in the human body because they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These enzymes are among the most important in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking proteins to amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that can commonly found in pineapple juice, specifically in the stem of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in the breaking down of the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals found in meats, cheeses, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small peptides. They not only destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine into saliva inside the mouth which is the first step towards the process of digestion. Then, it goes through the stomach before it is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the small intestine. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase can be found in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness as well as helping to avoid many digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme process lactose, a chemical that is present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugar that is present in milk into two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms, it breaks down the sugars found in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes, other enzymes are also included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Vs Antacids
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme, especially for those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich in fats and oils, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body will have no problem digesting most of them. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of fullness when this enzyme is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group are responsible for breaking down the plants that you consume in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in breaking down the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase – This is among the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. When it comes to phytase it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body such as zinc and iron. With Phytase, these iron and zinc are released and easily taken in into the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals such as calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Use
As with most supplements on available, it needs an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules before every meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for only 10 days.
A good place to start is to take 2 tablets per day Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still permitting your body to function without the need for supplements. The amount of times you use one capsule is really dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Any more than that might have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If taken properly they will enable the body to have a more easy and faster time in absorbing nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will also appear. These include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
How your skin appears is a tell of your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something wrong inside your body. Contrary to this the clear complexion indicates that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a operating digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are results of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there has been no known adverse effect. As such, it is suitable to use as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
But, as with any food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to consult your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Vs Antacids
Another thing to note to be aware of is the fact that this supplement has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you are someone who have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it might be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Also, it is important to remember that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you a lot of value and can even save a lot of shipping. By comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe you’ll be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for a long time I suggest buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their website. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other places online could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of food items.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition more effectively.
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating females (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can choose to go with one that is targeted or select one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is especially good for people looking to supplement their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a diverse food options.
The broad-based method of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident through its ingredient list. This is a good thing since the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and not deliver. They are simply not making you wait.
After receiving my bottles, which, mind you, only took three days to arrive I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A good arome welcomed me when I opened the bottle. It was something I did not think of as I was used to supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not too small that you doubt if you are taking enough. Digestive Enzymes Vs Antacids
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I prefer to take two tablets each day which seemed like the perfect amount to me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
The effects were not overnight. I believe it was about the third week when I began to notice that my stomach felt better, and my time going to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll continue to take supplements in the coming days. Of course, that is until I discover something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Antacids
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available on their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long do I have to take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you want.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be used as such.
Crushing, cutting, or altering the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their doctors before taking the supplement.