The human body can go for weeks without eating, food is still a crucial piece of our existence. Be it food that you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks, or even dining in a high end restaurant, or food that you need to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension the entire body are concerned, food is more than just food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body can survive weeks without eating and it is true. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment but that isn’t a good idea. Not only would there be an absence of taste it also means that your body has no food to digest. Digestive Enzymes Vs Acidophilus
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Vs Acidophilus
When we eat food it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients are useful to the body. This is the process we call digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins at the mouth and finishes up as waste in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. But, do we actually know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that should really not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may be aware of this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down various kinds of food. The pancreas alone, the central organ that we have discussed is responsible for three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These include:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the capacity to release required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Oily stools
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as these, it would be best to go visit your doctor. For milder symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Acidophilus
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is carefully selected combinations of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes which help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be used often
But, it doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a prescription medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be taken as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial for you, but the best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. So supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Vs Acidophilus
Digestive Enzymes in Action What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch These supplements can give you the enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thereby providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes that break down the body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help to think that these digestive supplement has all its bases all covered. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats grains, and sugar from table, it looks that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check for what the product is made up of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients front and center. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find the stark distinction between the standard ingredient list and what is on this products list. For instance, you could find that one ingredient uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason is something to do what ingredients compose the product contain. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the type of food that they break down. For example, when the product is talking about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are classified into the types of food they eat. They are classified into three classifications consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 These enzymes are among the most crucial in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down the proteins into amino acids. Additionally, they can be utilized to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, particularly at the stem of the pineapple. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in the breakdown of protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small proteins. They not only break proteins, but they are also important for modifying many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix to saliva within the mouth which is the first step toward the digestion process. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase can be found in the pancreasand pancreas, the it is also made in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme mostly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar present in milk to two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms, it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley where beta-glucans can be found in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase – Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function additional enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Vs Acidophilus
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who like oily and fat-rich food items. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body will have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of feeling full when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on digestion of the difficult to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is among the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body like iron and zinc. With Phytase the iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorbed by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption, such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it takes the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might just last for just ten days.
A good place to start is to consume 2 tablets each day and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still permitting your body to function without supplements. That said, the amount of times you use one capsule is really dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain the healthy digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow your body to have a simpler and faster time in taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will be evident. These include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of the overall health of your body. Acne outbreaks can be an indication of something that is not right with your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means a healthy body. This means having a healthy and operating digestive system.
As a result having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to digestive inflammation or other disorders.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there is no evidence of a side effect. As such, it is safe to take just as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
As with any food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is recommended to visit and check with your physician. Digestive Enzymes Vs Acidophilus
A second thing to consider is that the supplement has dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you have allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Also, it is important to note that shipping is not free. As such, shipping price will be added to the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you a lot of value and can even save lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just the same as purchasing three bottles and receiving one free.
If you think that you will use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for many years, I would recommend just buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. As such it is important to access them only there. The purchase of supplements from other places on the internet might be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide selection of enzymes that be used to treat a variety of food
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease discomfort and fatigue.
- May not be good for those with allergies since the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two types. You can either go for one that is targeted or select one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a broad range of food options.
The broad-based method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it cannot. It isn’t making you wait.
Upon getting my bottles, which, mind you, only took 3 days to arrive, I was excited about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. This was something I didn’t think of as I was used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not too small to make one wonders if they are receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes Vs Acidophilus
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months now (I opt to take two tablets per day which seemed like the perfect amount for me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
The effects were not immediate. I believe it was about the third week that I realized that my stomach was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll be taking supplements in the near future. Of course, this is until I discover something superior, but at this point I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Acidophilus
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay clear of scams and assure legitimacy
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available through their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to use the supplement on a regular basis. Similar to that it is possible to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you want.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, can there be an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be used as such.
Crushing, cutting, or altering the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.