While the human body can endure for weeks without food but food remains a crucial piece of our lives. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension, our whole body is involved, food is more than just food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body can survive days without food and this is true. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment, however, that is a miserable life. Not only would there be an absence of taste the body would also have no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes Vs Above The Bone
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes Vs Above The Bone
When we eat food, it is processed in a way that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
We all know this. It’s been taught in schools since 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that should really not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is certain that life wouldn’t be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
Three parts are mostly responsible for supplying the body with enzymes. They are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as the enzyme “powerhouse” of the body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already know this that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down different types of food. The pancreas alone, the central organ that we have discussed, produces three types of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not a condition to be taken lightly. It could cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. Symptoms of these can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like those, it’s recommended to visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs Above The Bone
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help those who have difficulty digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase the existing enzymes in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be utilized often
However, this does not mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. They are not prescription medication and should not be utilized as such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for your body, the most effective ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. So supplements should be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Vs Above The Bone
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of foods. If you have problems digesting sugar or starch the supplements will provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is different. It is made up of dozens of enzymes. This helps the supplement digest different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help to break down your body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplement has all its requirements covered. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils grains, and table sugar, it appears like it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on what the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary, or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient front and center. It’s on the label of the bottle.
But, you may find the stark distinction between the standard ingredient list and what is listed in this list. For example, you can discover that one of the ingredients is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason is much to do with what the ingredients that compose the product contain. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the kind of food they breakdown. For example, when it talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be in the form of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is comprised of enzymes, these ingredients are divided into the type of food they eat. They are divided into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most hardworking enzymes in the body as they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These enzymes are among the most crucial in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, specifically in the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that assists in breaking down proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that degrades gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small peptides. They not only break proteins, they can also be used to modify many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix into saliva inside the mouth which is the initial step in the digestion process. After that, it passes into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase, the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering the smaller intestine. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase. It breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness and helps to prevent digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that process lactose, a chemical present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found in milk into two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms, it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by an inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates the substance is due to invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose, which are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function Other enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are sure to help break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Vs Above The Bone
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who like oily and fat-rich food items. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with oils and fats, even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less appealing. With lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. It has also been proven to lessen the sensation of being fuller when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on digesting the hard to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is one of the essential enzymes needed to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when it comes to bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body like zinc and iron. When you use Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and can be easily taken in into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes, and Use
Like most supplements in available, it takes a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets per day, making sure to take it during the heaviest meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you consume one capsule is really up to you.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in healthy digestion. If properly taken they will enable your body to have a more easy and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. This can include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
How your skin appears is an indicator of your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something wrong inside your body. Contrary to this clear skin indicates an overall healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other conditions.
These disorders can be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients if the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there has been no known side effect. Therefore, it’s safe to consume in the case of following the recommended dosage.
However, like all food supplements that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is advised to check and visit your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Vs Above The Bone
A second thing to consider is that the supplement has soy, dairy, and wheat, which may cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you are someone who have allergies to these ingredients, it might be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. It is also important to note that shipping isn’t free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you a lot of value and even save you lots of shipping. By looking at the prices, purchasing the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe that you would be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for a long time I’d suggest getting the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at the official site. As such it is important to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of food
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as stomach discomfort.
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for people with allergies as the ingredients contain allergens.
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating women (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children below 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two forms. You can opt for one that is targeted or select one that is broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-based approach of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent the ingredients list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and not deliver. It isn’t wasting your time.
When I received the bottles that, mind you, only took three days to reach me I was thrilled about launching my digestive supplement regimen.
A good arome welcomed me upon opening the bottle. That was something I didn’t anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not big enough for people to struggle and not too small that one wonders if they are getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes Vs Above The Bone
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I prefer taking two pills each day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot to me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
The effects were not immediate. I think it was about the third week when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll be taking this supplement in the future. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but so far I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes Vs Above The Bone
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to avoid scams and ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available on their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
How long do I have to consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. Similar to that, you can stop taking the supplement whenever you want.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules, and should be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying or altering the content in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.