The human body can survive weeks without eating but food remains an essential part of our existence. Food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks, or even eating in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and, by extension, our whole body is involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I said earlier that the body could go weeks without eating and it is the truth. The body is able to survive on only water but it would be a miserable existence. Not only is there the absence of taste but your body would have nothing to take in. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Body
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Body
When we eat food the food is processed in such that the nutrients are useful to our bodies. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes in the anus.
We are all aware of this. This has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another aspect that shouldn’t be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in turning food from food into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are mostly responsible for supplying our body with enzymes. These are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is considered to be the “powerhouse” of the body, as it is responsible for the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may have an idea however, there are many types of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of the most important digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the necessary enzymes, they may be suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a situation where the body is unable to create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, it is possible to enhance your digestive enzymes through supplements. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Body
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what is already within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be used regularly
But, it doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. This isn’t a prescription medication and should not be taken as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are helpful to our bodies, best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. So, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Body
Digestive Enzymes in Action: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
It’s true that the internet and its online stores in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of food. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would give you the enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula for the supplement gives it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes that breakdown the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard to think that these digestive supplements got all their needs covered. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats grains, even table sugar, it appears like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look for what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient on display. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard ingredient list and what is listed in this list. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason behind this has something to do what ingredients compose the product contain. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they are breaking down. For instance, if the product is talking about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are divided into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most efficient enzymes found in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most important in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking the proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is be found in pineapple juice particularly at the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small proteins. They not only break proteins, but they can also be used to modify many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates and absorbed, they are combined to saliva within the mouth, which is the first step toward the digestive process. After that, it passes through the stomach before it moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive issues, including heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – This enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found that is present in milk into two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms, it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work, other enzymes are also included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a greater variety of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down effortlessly. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Body
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who like oily and fat-rich food items. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with oils and fats, although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. However, with lipase, your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of fullness when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase The enzymes in this group is what break down plants that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in digestion of the difficult to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these kinds of food.
- The Phytase enzyme is among the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body like iron and zinc. Through Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorbed into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance mineral absorption, such as calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
Like most supplements in the market, it requires the same dosage in order to receive maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may just last for just ten days.
A good sweet spot is to use 2 tablets each day Be sure to take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. However, the number of times you take the capsule is entirely up to you.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow the body to have a more easy and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will be evident. It could include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of your overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something wrong inside your body. In contrast, having clear skin means a healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
To this end an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other issues.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there has been no known negative side effects. So, it’s suitable to use so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
However, like any food supplement, if you are nursing or pregnant it is recommended to check and visit your physician. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Body
Another thing to note it is that the product is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you have allergies to these ingredients, it may be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. It is also crucial to know that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one bottle can save you a lot of value and even save you lots of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking that you will use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over many years, I would recommend just buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. It is therefore essential to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other places on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food items.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as constipation and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition more effectively.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children under 18 years old. older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two varieties. You can opt for an individual supplement or select a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to improve their digestion because they love eating a wide range of food palette.
The wide-ranging approach of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is honest on the benefits it offers and not deliver. They are simply not making you wait.
When I received my supplements, which, mind you, just took 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about launching my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t think of as I was used to supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large for anyone to be a struggle but not too small that one wonders if they are receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Body
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and I’ve taken the supplement for three months now (I opt to take two tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot for me.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
However, the results were not immediate. I believe it was about the third week when I noticed that my stomach was feeling better and that my frequent trips to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
Rest assured. I will continue taking supplements in the near future. Of course, this is unless I find something superior, but at this point I’m not convinced.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes Vs About The Body
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, you should purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay clear of scams and assure legitimacy
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein it is possible to take the supplement off whenever you want.
I’m not a fan of capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting, or altering the supplement in any way form or shape is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years of age and those with allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.