Although the human body is able to survive weeks without eating, food is still a crucial piece of our own existence. Be it food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or even dining in a high end restaurant, or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. Food is food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension our entire body is concerned, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for days without food and this is the truth. The body can survive with water as the sole source of nourishment but it isn’t a good idea. Not only would there be an absence of taste it also means that your body has no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes Thorne
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Thorne
If we consume food the food is processed in such a way that the nutrients are useful to our bodies. This is the process we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in school from the 5th grade onwards. But, do we actually know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s one other thing that should really not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major actors when it comes to making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is certain that life isn’t the same as it is without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. They are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down different kinds of food. The pancreas alone, the central organ that we have discussed produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymesor their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the necessary enzymes, they may be suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Oily stools
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing prolonged symptoms like these, it is recommended to visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes Thorne
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help those who have difficulty digesting your food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is made up of an carefully selected blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance what is already in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be used regularly
But, it does not mean that this product isn’t able to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. They are not medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be taken as the same.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for you, but the most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Thorne
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
There’s no doubt that online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of food. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar the supplements will give you the enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been regarded as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of breaking down food, thereby making it easier for the body to have time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard but assume that this digestive supplements have all their bases covered. From the common gluten protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils grains, even table sugar, it appears like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be the norm to verify on the ingredients that the product is made up of. Be it dietary, probiotic or even digestive enzymes or any other type of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put their list of ingredients front and center. This can be found at the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring difference between the usual label of ingredients than what is listed on this products list. For example, you can see that one of the ingredients uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason is a lot to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product contain. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the type of food that they breakdown. For instance, if the product is talking about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they eat. They are divided into three classes consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found within the body since they serve multiple roles in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 These two enzymes are among the most important in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, and specifically at the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in the breaking down of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruits. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine with saliva in the mouth which is the first step toward the process of digestion. Then, it goes to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar functions to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme mainly processes lactose, a substance found in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar that is present in milk into two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley, where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes, other enzymes are also part of the recipe for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Thorne
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty food items. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, even though delicious, are a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. With lipase, your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group are what breaks down plants that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on digestion of the difficult cell walls of plants and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of diets.
- The Phytase enzyme is among the vital enzymes required for digestion. It is a crucial enzyme when it comes to bone health. In the case of phytase it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body, such as iron and zinc. When you use Phytase, these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorption into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals, such as calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
Like most supplements in available, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to take one or two capsules prior to every meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for just ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take 2 tablets each day and make sure you use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still allowing your body to work without any supplements. The amount of times you use one capsule is really your choice.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If used correctly they will enable your body to have a more easy and faster time in taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will be evident. It could include clear skin and less migraines, as well as headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your body’s overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. In contrast, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a operating digestive system.
As a result an enlightened skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other conditions.
These disorders can be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there is no evidence of a negative side effects. Therefore, it’s safe to consume as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
However, like any food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing or pregnant it is recommended to visit and check with your physician. Digestive Enzymes Thorne
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which may cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you are someone who have allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Also, it is important to note that shipping is not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and can even save lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you think that you will be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for an extended period of time I’d suggest getting the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other places on the internet could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of food
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as constipation, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition kmore
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- May not be good for those who suffer from allergies because the formula contains some allergens
- May not be suitable for lactating and pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can either go for one that is targeted or you can choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for people who want to improve their digestion because they love eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-range strategy of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it cannot. It isn’t making you wait.
When I received my bottles, which, mind you, only took three days to reach me I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. It was something I did not anticipate as I was used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big to make people struggle, and not so small that you doubt if you are taking enough. Digestive Enzymes Thorne
I’m on my third bottle now and have taken the supplement for three months so far (I opt 2 tablets per day which seemed like a good sweet spot in my case.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
However, the results were not overnight. I believe it was about the third week that I realized that my gut was feeling better , and my trips to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking these supplements into the near future. Of course, this is unless I find something superior, but at this point I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes Thorne
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, you should buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it through their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
For how long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way, you can discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or modifying the supplement in any way in shape or form is not advised.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.