The human body can go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. It could be food you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn our entire body is involved, food is more than just food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body could go days without food and this is indeed true. The body can live with water alone sustaining it, however, that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there an absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
When we take in food it is processed in a way that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This is the process we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins at the mouth and finishes with waste being deposited in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in school since the 5th grade. But, do we actually know what happens inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is another thing that must not be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life isn’t exactly the same without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place.
Three parts are responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as to be the “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may have an idea, but there are many types of digestive enzymes that break down various types of food items. The pancreas, which is the central organ that we have discussed is responsible for three types of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing prolonged symptoms like these, it is recommended to visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you are having difficulty digesting your food or you have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what is already within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be taken often
However, this does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. It is not a medication and should not be used as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to your body, the most effective ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. So supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and online stores generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific types of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch These supplements can provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is distinct. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This allows the supplement to process multiple types of foods. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, thereby providing the body with a quicker digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that to break down your body into nutrients and chemicals that your body requires.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplements got all their bases provided. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to oils, fats, grains and even sugar from table, it looks like it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check for what the supplements are made of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzymes Any supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients in the forefront. The list can be found on the label of the bottle.
You may notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what is listed on this products list. For example, you can find that one ingredient has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason for this has much to do with the ingredients that compose the product. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the type of food that they break down. For example, when the product is talking about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear within the DU unit.
In addition, because the supplement is composed of enzymes, the components are divided into the type of food they digest. They are divided into three categories that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most active enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. – These enzymes are among the most important in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down the proteins into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, specifically in the stem of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that assists in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small protein peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they can also be used to modify more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined with saliva in the mouth, which is the first step towards the digestion process. After that, it passes through the stomach before it goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves the same function with amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that mainly process lactose, a chemical that is present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found that is present in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down sugars present in oats and barley in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function Other enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items, these enzymes are certain to help break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty food items. It is a fact of to know that foods rich with oils and fats, while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. However, with lipase, your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plants that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is one of the many essential enzymes needed to digest food. It is a crucial enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. Through Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and easily absorbed by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals, such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like most supplements in marketplace, it takes the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is recommended to take one or two capsules before each meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might just last for only ten days.
A good sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets each day, making sure to take it during the heaviest meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. However, the number of times you consume each capsule is up to you.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a simpler and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion, other positive effects should be visible. These include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance is an indicator of your overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. However, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This includes having a well operating digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser fatigue and pain. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there is no evidence of a negative side effects. Therefore, it’s suitable to use as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
However, like any food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is advised to check and visit your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
Another point to be aware of it is that the product is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. As such, if you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Additionally, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping can be included in the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you lots of money and it even saves the cost of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you believe that you will use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time I suggest getting the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at the official site. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites on the internet could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can cover a wide range of foods.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as the symptoms of bloating and indigestion, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce discomfort and fatigue.
- May not be good for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- It is possible to take long term for continuous effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can either go for one that is targeted or select a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people looking to supplement their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of foods.
The wide-ranging method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident the ingredients list. This is a good thing since the supplement is transparent about what it can deliver and not deliver. It’s not waste of time.
Upon getting my supplements, which, mind you, just took three days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. That was something I did not think of as I was used to supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They are not too big to make people struggle, and not too small to make you question whether you’re getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months so far (I prefer taking two pills per day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot to me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. I think it was about the third week that I realized that my stomach was feeling better , and my trips to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
You can rest assured. I will continue taking this supplement in the future. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to avoid scams and ensure legitimacy
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it through their website. Shopping at other online retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long do I have to consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is recommended to use the supplement on a regular basis. Similar to that you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I don’t like capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting, or altering supplements in any way form or shape is not recommended.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old and those with allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.