While the human body can go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is vital to our lives. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. It’s food.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension our entire body is worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body can survive days without food and this is indeed true. The body can survive with only water but that would be a miserable existence. Not only would there be an absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. Digestive Enzymes Not Working
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Not Working
When we eat food, it is processed in a way that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It has been taught in school since 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Do we know the process and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that should really not be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in turning food from food into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is safe to say that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place.
Three parts are mostly responsible for supplying the body with enzymes. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already have an idea however, there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down different types of food items. The pancreas is the only central organ that we have discussed produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you experience long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be advised to consult your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes with supplements. Digestive Enzymes Not Working
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what is already in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be utilized frequently
But, it doesn’t mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. They are not medicine and should not be taken as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to our bodies, most effective ingredients for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Digestive Enzymes Not Working
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific types of food. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar These supplements can give you the enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of breaking down food, providing the body with a quicker digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard but assume that this digestive supplements have all their needs provided. From the common gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, to fats, oils grains, and sugar from table, it looks like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic or digestive enzyme supplements Any supplement that does not transparently reveal the ingredients it contains should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed their list of ingredients front and center. This can be found at the bottle’s packaging.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the typical ingredient list and what is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason is a lot to do with the ingredients that make up the product. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly comprised of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the kind of food they breakdown. For example, when the product is talking of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they consume. They are classified into three classes that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 – These enzymes are among the most important in proteolysis,, which means breaking the protein into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that can commonly found in pineapple juice, and specifically at the pineapple stem. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in breaking down proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruits. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, more often, inactivating small-sized protein peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify many proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step towards the digestive process. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that serves the same function with amylase. It breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stool.
- Lactase – It is an enzyme that is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found in milk into two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars in oats and barley, where beta-glucans can be found in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes additional enzymes are part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes Not Working
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty food items. In the end, it’s common to know that foods rich with fats and oils even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. But, with lipase your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when this enzyme is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group is what break down plants that you consume in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is one of the vital enzymes required for digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When phytase is activated, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released and can be easily taken in into the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to enhance mineral absorption like calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
Like most supplements in available, it needs the same dosage in order to receive maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might be a bottle that lasts just 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets per day and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. The amount of times you use each capsule is your choice.
However, six capsules should be your limit. Any more than that might result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in the healthy digestion. If properly taken they will enable your body to have a more easy and quicker time of absorption of nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should be visible. It could include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something going on inside your body. However the clear complexion indicates an overall healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from digestive inflammation or other disorders.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there is no evidence of a negative side effects. Therefore, it’s safe to take just so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
But, as with all food supplements when you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is advised to check and visit your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Not Working
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you suffer from an allergy to any of these substances, then it may be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. Additionally, it is important to note that shipping costs are not free. The cost for shipping can be included in the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you a lot of value and even save you lots of shipping. Just by looking and looking at the prices, purchasing the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is just as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you think that you would be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time, I would recommend just getting the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their official website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other places on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of foods.
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as stomach pain
- It helps the body take in nutrients.
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long-term to maintain effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can opt for an individual supplement or you can choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to boost their digestive health as they enjoy eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-based method of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is transparent about what it can deliver and what it isn’t able to provide. They are simply not wasting your time.
After receiving my bottles, which, mind you, only took 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me when I opened the bottle. It was something I did not expect as I was so familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not too small to make you doubt if you are getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes Not Working
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for three months to date (I prefer taking two pills each day, which was the perfect amount to me.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. It was around the third week when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better , and my trips to the toilet become more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking supplements in the coming days. Of course, that is unless I find something better, but so far I’m not sure.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes Not Working
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official site.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
How long do I have to take this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein it is possible to stop taking the supplement whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be used as such.
Crushing, cutting or altering the supplement in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women and children younger than 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.