Although the human body is able to endure for weeks without food but food remains vital to our lives. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks, or eating at a high end restaurant, or food that you need to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn, our whole body is involved, food is more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive days without food and this is indeed true. The body is able to survive on water alone sustaining it, however, that is a miserable life. Not only would there be an absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Digestive Enzymes Gcse Biology
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Gcse Biology
When we eat food, it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This process is what we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins at the mouth and finishes up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It’s been taught in schools since the 5th grade. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that should really not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three organs that are responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These include the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” of the body as it provides the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already know this that there are a variety of types of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of the most important digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if the body does not have the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a condition where the body does not produce enough lactase in order to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not something to take lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Oily stools
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes Gcse Biology
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made from an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve the existing enzymes within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” It is designed to be utilized frequently
However, this doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. They are not medicine that should never be taken as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for you, but the most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Gcse Biology
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific types of food items. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their needs covered. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it seems like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it should be the norm to verify on what the supplements are made of. Be it probiotic, dietary, or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients in the forefront. This can be found at the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is listed in this list. For example, you can see that one ingredient uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason is much to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise mostly comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they break down. For example, when the product is talking about the enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, these ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are divided into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These enzymes are amongst the most essential in the process of proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that can commonly found in pineapple juice, and specifically at the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in the breaking down of protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, more often, inactivating small-sized protein peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they are also important for modifying more proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth which is the first step towards the process of digestion. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has the same function with amylase. It breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive disorders, such as heavyness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme mainly processes lactose, a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars in milk into two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes additional enzymes are part of the recipe for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are sure to break them down quickly. Digestive Enzymes Gcse Biology
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme, especially for those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich in fats and oils, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body should have no trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of feeling full when this enzyme is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase The enzymes in this group are what breaks down vegetables that you consume in your diet. They focus on digesting the hard cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. It is a crucial enzyme when we talk about bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase the iron and zinc are released and easily absorption through the human body. In addition, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals, such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes, and Use
Like many supplements available on the market, it requires the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to take one or two capsules prior to each meal.
However, this might be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for only 10 days.
A good place to start is to use 2 tablets each day, making sure to take it during the heaviest meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still permitting your body to function without any supplements. The amount of times you use one capsule is really up to you.
Six capsules is recommended to be the minimum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in good digestion. If used correctly, these supplements should allow your body to have a simpler and faster process of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will also appear. It could include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign of something going on inside your body. In contrast the clear complexion indicates an overall healthy body. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
As a result, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there have been no reported adverse effect. So, it’s suitable to use so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
As with any food supplement that you take, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is advised to visit and check with your physician. Digestive Enzymes Gcse Biology
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which may cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you are someone who have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Additionally, it is crucial to know that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping is added onto the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and it even saves lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparison shopping, the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you are thinking you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time, I would recommend just going all in on the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other places on the internet could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of food
- Helps ease mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for those who suffer from allergies because the formula contains some allergens
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating females (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children below 18 years older (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can either go for an individual supplement or select one that is broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people looking to boost their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of food palette.
The wide-ranging approach of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just the ingredients list. This is an excellent thing since the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it cannot. They are simply not making you wait.
After receiving my supplements, which, mind you, took just three days to arrive I was excited about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me when I opened the bottle. This was something I did not anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not too large for anyone to be a struggle but not too small to make one wonders if they are receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes Gcse Biology
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and have been taking the supplement for 3 months now (I opt taking two pills each day, which was a good sweet spot in my case.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
The effects were not overnight. I believe it was about the third week that I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
Rest assured. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the coming days. Of course, this is unless I find something superior, but at this point I’m not sure.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes Gcse Biology
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available on their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein you are able to take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, can there be an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying supplements in any way shape or form is not advised.
Who shouldn’t take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women or children who are less than 18 years of age and people who have allergies should consult with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.