Although the human body is able to survive weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. Food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks, or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and in turn the entire body are worried, food is much more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive days without food and this is indeed true. The body can survive with water alone sustaining it but it is a miserable life. There is not only an absence of taste the body would also have no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes Function
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes Function
When we take in food the food is processed in that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. This has been taught in school since the 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s one other thing that must not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is certain that life would not be like it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. They are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is known as an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes that breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already have an idea that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes, which break down various types of food items. The pancreas alone, the central organ that we have discussed is responsible for three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymesor their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this condition where the body does not produce enough lactase in order to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t something to take lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
Whenever you feel long-lasting symptoms like these, it is best to go visit your physician. For milder symptoms, you can always enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes Function
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is made from a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes which help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be used regularly
However, this does not mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a prescription medication that should never be taken as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial for our bodies, best ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. So, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplements. Digestive Enzymes Function
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain types of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar the supplements will give you the enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is different. Its formula is made of numerous enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, providing the body with a quicker digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals that your body requires.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard but assume that this digestive supplements have all their requirements provided. From the common gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, to oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it seems like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look on the ingredients that the supplements are made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient on display. It’s on the bottle’s packaging.
However, you might notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could discover that one ingredient has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason is something to do what the ingredients that make up the product contain. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly composed of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they are breaking down. For example, when the product is talking of enzymes which break up carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be within the DU unit.
Furthermore, since the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes within the body since they serve multiple roles in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These two enzymes are among the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two can be utilized to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, specifically in the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that aids in the breaking down of protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruits. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized peptides. They not only break proteins, but they are also important for modifying more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined with saliva in the mouth which is the initial step in the digestion process. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it is amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar functions to amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars in milk into two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars present in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by an inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes additional enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to break them down quickly. Digestive Enzymes Function
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme, especially for those who like oily and fat-rich foods. In the end, it’s common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. However, with lipase, your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to lessen the sensation of fullness when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in digestion of the difficult cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. In the case of phytase, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body such as zinc and iron. With Phytase the zinc and iron are released, and are easily absorption by the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to enhance your absorption and absorption rate of mineral, such as calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes, and Utilization
As with most supplements on the market, it needs an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
But, it could not be feasible given that a bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for just 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to use 2 tablets per day, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. The amount of times you take one capsule is really your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If used correctly they will enable the body to have an easier and faster time in absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion Other positive effects will also appear. This can include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks can tell you about the overall health of your body. Acne outbreaks can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. In contrast the clear complexion indicates a healthy body. This means having a healthy and working digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less discomfort and fatigue. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by an inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrients if the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there is no evidence of a side effect. Therefore, it’s safe to take just so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
As with any food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is advised to visit and check with your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Function
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. As such, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it would be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers the product in bundles. Also, it is crucial to know that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping is added onto the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than just one could save you a lot of value and it even saves the cost of shipping. By looking at the prices, purchasing the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is just the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you are thinking that you will be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time, I would recommend just buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other places on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide variety of enzymes that can cover a broad range of food items.
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- May not be good for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years old (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two forms. You can choose to go with one that is targeted or you can choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for people looking to supplement their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-range strategy of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent through its ingredient list. This is a great thing as the supplement is truthful about the benefits it offers and what it cannot. It isn’t wasting your time.
Upon getting my supplements, which, mind you, just took three days to arrive I was excited about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. This was something I didn’t think of as I was used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not too large to make people struggle, and not so small that you question whether you’re receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes Function
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months so far (I opt to take two tablets each day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot to me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not immediate. I think it was about the third week when I noticed that my gut was feeling better and that my frequent trips to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the future. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but so far I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes Function
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available through their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to take the supplement regularly. Similar to that you are able to take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I don’t like taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or altering the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women and children younger than 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should check with their physician prior to taking the supplement.