While the human body can survive weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is an essential part of our lives. Food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks, or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is true. The body can live with only water but that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there a lack of taste, the body would also have no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes From Whole Foods
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes From Whole Foods
When we take in food, it is processed in a way that the nutrients are useful to our bodies. This process is what we call digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes with waste being deposited in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It has been taught in schools since the 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s another thing that should really not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These are the primary players in changing food items into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be like it is without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is considered to be the “powerhouse” of the body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may have an idea, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down different kinds of food. The pancreas is the only powerhouse that we talked about is responsible for three types of the most important digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the ability to release the needed enzymes, they are being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. The symptoms of this can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as these, it is advised to consult your physician. For milder symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Digestive Enzymes From Whole Foods
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help those who have difficulty digesting your food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what is already within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be used often
But, it does not mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. This isn’t a prescription medication and should not be used as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for our bodies, most effective ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Digestive Enzymes From Whole Foods
Digestive Enzymes and Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that the internet and online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would give you the enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest multiple types of foods. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals that your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you cannot help but assume that this digestive supplements got all their needs all covered. From gluten protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it seems that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on the ingredients that the supplements are made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put their list of ingredients on display. This can be found at the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there’s a noticeable difference between the usual label of ingredients than what can be found on this products list. For instance, you may see that one of the ingredients uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what ingredients comprise the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes according to the type of food that they break down. For example, when the product talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking up carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are classified into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the efficient enzymes found in the human body because they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most important when it comes to proteolysis which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can be utilized to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the pineapple stem. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized peptides. They not only destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying more proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine with saliva in the mouth, which is the first step toward the digestion process. Then, it goes through the stomach before it is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, it is also made in the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stool.
- Lactase is an enzyme that is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance found in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars present in oats and barley where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes Other enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes From Whole Foods
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who enjoy fatty and oily foods. It is a fact of information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less enjoyable. But, with lipase your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to reduce the feeling of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the many vital enzymes required for digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to important minerals needed by the body, such as zinc and iron. With Phytase the zinc and iron are released and easily taken in through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase your absorption and absorption rate of mineral such as calcium, as well as the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes, and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it needs a consistent dosage to get the most benefit out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for only ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take two tablets daily Be sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without any supplements. However, the number of times you consume one capsule is really up to you.
But, six capsules should be your limit. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have an easier and faster process of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will also appear. It could include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something that is not right with your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This means having a healthy and operating digestive system.
As a result having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are results of issues underlying to an inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients if the digestive system isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there is no evidence of a side effect. So, it’s safe to consume so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
However, like any food supplement when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is advised to visit and check with your physician. Digestive Enzymes From Whole Foods
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which may cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you are someone who have an allergy to any of these substances, then it may be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. It is also important to remember that shipping costs are not free. As such, shipping price is added onto the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one can help you save lots of money and even save you lots of shipping. By comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking that you would use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time I’d suggest buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. Therefore, it is essential to access them only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like constipation or heartburn as well as stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition kmore
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- It is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children younger than 18 years older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can opt for a targeted supplement or choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for people who want to supplement their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a wide range of foods.
The broad-range method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent the ingredients list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is truthful about the benefits it offers and not deliver. It isn’t waste of time.
After receiving my supplements, which mind you, only took three days to reach me I was thrilled about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. This was something I did not anticipate as I was used to supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not too small to make you question whether you’re taking enough. Digestive Enzymes From Whole Foods
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months now (I prefer taking two pills per day which seemed like the perfect amount to me.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. I think it was about the third week that I began to notice that my gut felt better, and my trips to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
Rest assured. I will continue taking this supplement in the coming days. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes From Whole Foods
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure legitimacy
Where can I purchase my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying the supplement in any way shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.