While the human body can endure for weeks without food but food remains vital to our lives. It could be food you love eating, such as snack foods, comfort food or even dining in an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension the entire body are worried, food is much more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for months without eating, and it is indeed true. The body can live with water as the sole source of nourishment but it isn’t a good idea. There is not only the absence of taste but your body would have no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes For Dogs + Powder Vs Pill Vs Chewables
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes For Dogs + Powder Vs Pill Vs Chewables
When we eat food the food is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This process is what we all know as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It’s been taught in school since 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that should really not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is certain that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. This is even the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
Three parts are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered to be the “powerhouse” in the human body since it supplies the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may already know this however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes that break down various kinds of food items. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like those, it’s best to go visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes with supplements. Digestive Enzymes For Dogs + Powder Vs Pill Vs Chewables
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid those who have difficulty digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made up of an carefully selected blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance what is already inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be used frequently
However, this doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. They are not medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be used as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial for you, but the most effective substances for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzymes For Dogs + Powder Vs Pill Vs Chewables
Digestive Enzymes in Action: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of foods. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the appropriate enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is distinct. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This lets the supplement process different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes which help break down the body into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard to think that these digestive supplements got all their requirements all covered. From the common gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it seems like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look for what the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient on display. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical label of ingredients and the one that is listed on this products list. For instance, you may discover that one of the ingredients has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason is something to do what ingredients make up the product. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the type of food that they are breaking down. For instance, if it talks of enzymes which break up carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be within the DU unit.
Furthermore, since the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the ingredients are divided into the type of food they digest. They are classified into three classifications consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These enzymes are amongst the most important in proteolysis,, which means breaking proteins to amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that can commonly found in pineapple juice, particularly at the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that aids in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small proteins. They not only destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine to saliva within the mouth which is the first step toward the digestion process. Then, it goes through the stomach before it goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars in barley and oats, where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose, which are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes, other enzymes are also part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these enzymes are certain to break them down easily. Digestive Enzymes For Dogs + Powder Vs Pill Vs Chewables
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily food items. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich in fats and oils, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. Lipase has also shown to reduce the feeling of feeling full when this enzyme is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes is what break down plant matter that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on breaking down the difficult cell walls of plants and fibers found in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase is one of the essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When phytase is activated it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body such as zinc and iron. Through Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorbed by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals like calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes, and Utilization
Like many supplements available on available, it takes the same dosage in order to receive maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to take one or two capsules prior to each meal.
However, this might not be feasible given that a bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to take 2 tablets each day, making sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. The amount of times you take the capsule is entirely up to you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. Anything more than that could result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If taken properly the supplements will allow your body to have a more easy and quicker time of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion Other positive effects will also appear. It could include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something going on inside your body. However, having clear skin means a healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
As a result an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from an inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there is no evidence of a side effect. As such, it is safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
As with all food supplements, if you are nursing or pregnant it is advised to consult your physician. Digestive Enzymes For Dogs + Powder Vs Pill Vs Chewables
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause allergic reactions for some people. As such, if you suffer from an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. It is also crucial to know that shipping is not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one can help you save many dollars and can even save a lot of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think that you would be using for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for many years I’d suggest getting the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other places online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of food
- Helps ease minor digestive issues like constipation, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children below 18 years older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two forms. You can choose to go with a targeted supplement or you can choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to boost their digestive health as they enjoy eating a broad range of food options.
The wide-ranging approach to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just the ingredients list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and not deliver. It’s not waste of time.
After receiving the bottles that, mind you, took just 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about launching my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me as I opened the bottle. That was something I did not think of as I was used to having supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not so small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes For Dogs + Powder Vs Pill Vs Chewables
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and have been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I prefer taking two pills each day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot for me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movements and less digestive issues.
The effects were not overnight. It was around the third week when I realized that my stomach was feeling better and that my time going to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take supplements in the future. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes For Dogs + Powder Vs Pill Vs Chewables
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure legitimacy
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it through their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein, you can discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or altering or altering the content in any way shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should check with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.