While the human body can endure for weeks without food, food is still vital to our own existence. Food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks or even eating in an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat in order to sustain yourself. It’s food.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn the entire body are involved, food is more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive weeks without eating and it is indeed true. The body can survive with water as the sole source of nourishment, however, that isn’t a good idea. There is not only the absence of taste but your body would have no food to digest. Digestive Enzymes Dr Axe
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Dr Axe
When we take in food, it is processed in that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins with the mouth, and then ends in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It’s been taught in schools since the 5th grade. But, do we actually know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food is digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s another aspect that shouldn’t be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary players in turning food from food into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life isn’t the same as it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is considered the enzyme “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes that break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may already know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the capacity to release necessary enzymes, they may be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. In this situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you experience long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be recommended to visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, you can always enhance your digestive enzymes through supplements. Digestive Enzymes Dr Axe
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help those who have difficulty digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is made from an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve the existing enzymes inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” It is designed to be utilized regularly
But, it does not mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial to you, but the most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Dr Axe
Digestive Enzymes at Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of food. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is different. It is made up of numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been considered as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes that break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help but assume that this digestive supplement has all its requirements covered. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it appears like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on the ingredients that the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that fails to clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have its list of ingredient in the forefront. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the standard ingredient list and what can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you could discover that one ingredient uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with the ingredients that compose the product contain. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly composed of enzymes.
For the sake of the sake of transparency VItapost labels these enzymes according to the type of food that they break down. For instance, if it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the ingredients are divided into the type of food they consume. They are classified into three classes that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 – These two enzymes are among the most essential when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, specifically in the root of the pineapple. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of the muscles as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in the breakdown of the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals in meats, cheeses, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme which breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they can also be used to modify more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix to saliva within the mouth which is the initial step in the digestive process. After that, it passes to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that serves the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This enzyme mostly processes lactose, a substance that is present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars in milk into two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars in oats and barley where beta-glucans can be found in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is named after inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their work additional enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down quickly. Digestive Enzymes Dr Axe
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who enjoy fatty and oily food items. It is a fact of information that foods that are loaded with fats and oils while delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less appealing. However, with lipase, the body will have no trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to lessen the sensation of being fuller when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase The enzymes in this group is what break down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on digesting the hard cell walls of plants and fibers found in these kinds of food.
- Phytase – This is one of the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. It is a crucial enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase, these zinc and iron are released, and are easily taken in into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve your absorption and absorption rate of mineral such as calcium, as well as the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to each meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets per day and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still permitting your body to function without supplements. That said, the amount of times you take one capsule is really up to you.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Any more than that might result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a simpler and faster time in taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will also appear. It could include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something going on inside your body. Contrary to this the clear complexion indicates an overall healthy body. This means having a healthy and operating digestive system.
To this end, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are results of underlying issues from digestive inflammation or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition if the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there has been no known negative side effects. So, it’s safe to take just as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
As with any food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant it is advised to visit and check with your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Dr Axe
A second thing to consider is that the supplement has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause allergic reactions for some people. If you suffer from an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. It is also important to note that shipping is not free. As such, shipping price can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you a lot of value and can even save lots of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe that you will be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over many years I suggest getting the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their website. As such it is important to access them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites online could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad variety of enzymes that can cover a broad range of food items.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two forms. You can either go for an individual supplement or choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a wide range of food options.
The wide-ranging approach that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is apparent the ingredients list. This is a good thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and not deliver. It isn’t wasting your time.
After receiving my bottles, which, mind you, only took three days to arrive I was excited about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me upon opening the bottle. It was something I didn’t think of as I was familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not big enough for people to struggle and not too small to make you question whether you’re receiving enough. Digestive Enzymes Dr Axe
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months now (I opt 2 tablets each day, which seems like the perfect amount for me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. It was around the third week when I realized that my gut was feeling better , and my time going to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
You can rest assured. I’ll be taking this supplement in the future. Of course, this is until I discover something superior, but at this point I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes Dr Axe
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
For how long should I use this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that it is possible to stop taking the supplement whenever you wish.
I don’t like taking capsules, can there be an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting, or altering or altering the content in any way in shape or form is not advised.
Who should not take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old and those with allergies should check with their physician prior to taking the supplement.