The human body can survive weeks without eating but food remains an essential part of our lives. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or even dining in an expensive restaurant or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and in turn our entire body is involved, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body is able to go for days without food and this is indeed true. The body is able to survive on only water, however, that would be a miserable existence. There is not only an absence of taste but your body would have nothing to take in. Digestive Enzymes Benefits And Risks
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes Benefits And Risks
When we eat food it is processed in such that the nutrients become useful to the body. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It’s been taught in school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that shouldn’t be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These are the primary actors when it comes to making food and food products into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is safe to say that life would not be like it is without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are mostly responsible for supplying the body with enzymes. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as the enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes needed to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You might already have an idea that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes that break down different kinds of food. The pancreas, which is the central organ that we have discussed, produces three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to create enough lactase for digestion of sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. Signs of it include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel persistent symptoms such as these, it would be best to go visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes Benefits And Risks
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help those who have difficulty digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be taken frequently
But, it doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. It is not a prescription medication and should not be used as such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial to your body, the best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. So supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzymes Benefits And Risks
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes for digesting specific types of food. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, thus making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplements have all their needs covered. From gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to oils, fats grains, even table sugar, it appears like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify on the ingredients that the product is made up of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzymes or any other type of supplement that doesn’t clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients front and center. It’s on the packaging of the bottle.
You may notice the stark distinction between the standard ingredient list and what is listed on this products list. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has a lot to do with what ingredients compose the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the kind of food they break down. For instance, if the product is talking about enzymes that break up carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are classified into the types of food they digest. They are classified into three categories consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. – These two enzymes are among the most crucial in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, and specifically at the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with numerous other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down proteins, papain may assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small protein peptides. They not only destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix into saliva inside the mouth, which is the initial step in the digestive process. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the smaller intestine. There it assists catalyze it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness as well as helping to avoid many digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars in milk into two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms, it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes, other enzymes are also included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily food items, these enzymes are certain to break them down effortlessly. Digestive Enzymes Benefits And Risks
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who love oily and fatty food items. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils while delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less appealing. However, with lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- Phytase is among the vital enzymes required to digest food. It is a crucial enzyme when we talk about bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like zinc and iron. When you use Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and easily absorbed through the human body. In addition, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals such as calcium, as well as the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like most supplements in the market, it takes a consistent dosage to get the most benefit out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to take one or two capsules prior to every meal.
However, this could be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may only last one bottle for just 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to take 2 tablets per day and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. The amount of times you take one capsule is really dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If used correctly they will enable your body to have a simpler and faster time in absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should also appear. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
How your skin appears is an indicator of your body’s overall health. Acne outbreaks can be an indication of something going on inside your body. Contrary to this clear skin indicates a healthy body. This includes having a well functioning digestive system.
In relation to this an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser discomfort and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of issues underlying to digestive inflammation or other disorders.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there has been no known adverse effect. As such, it is safe to take just as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
But, as with any other food supplement when you are nursing or pregnant it is advised to consult your physician. Digestive Enzymes Benefits And Risks
Another thing to note it is that the product has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause allergic reactions for some people. As such, if you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it might be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Also, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than just one could save you a lot of value and can even save lots of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for a long time I suggest buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. Therefore, it is essential to access them only there. Buying the supplements from other places on the internet might be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of food
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion or heartburn as well as stomach discomfort.
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant women (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long-term to maintain consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can opt for a targeted supplement or you can choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people looking to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-based method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good quality because the supplement is transparent about what it can deliver and what it isn’t able to provide. They are simply not wasting your time.
When I received my bottles, which mind you, took just three days to arrive, I was excited about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me as I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t anticipate as I was used to supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big for anyone to be a struggle but not too small to make you doubt if you are taking enough. Digestive Enzymes Benefits And Risks
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and I’ve taken the supplement for three months now (I opt taking two pills per day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot to me.) I’ve experienced more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
The effects weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week that I began to notice that my stomach felt better, and my frequent trips to the toilet become more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take supplements in the near future. Of course, that is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not sure.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes Benefits And Risks
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available at their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
For how long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein, you can take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and must be used as such.
Crushing, cutting, or altering supplements in any manner shape or form is not advised.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women, children under 18 years old and people who have allergies should consult with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.