Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating, food is still vital to our own existence. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or even dining in an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension the entire body are involved, food is more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is true. The body can live with water alone sustaining it, however, that isn’t a good idea. There is not only an absence of taste but your body would have no food to digest. Digestive Enzymes Before Food
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes Before Food
If we consume food it is processed in that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This is the process we call digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system that starts at the mouth and finishes in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It has been taught in schools since the 5th grade. But, do we actually know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is another thing that shouldn’t be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These are the primary actors when it comes to turning food from food into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is certain that life isn’t the same as it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place.
Three parts are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. They are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as the enzyme “powerhouse” of the body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may have an idea however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes that break down different kinds of food. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the ability to release the necessary enzymes, they may be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t something to take lightly. It can cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. Symptoms of these can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as these, it would be advised to consult your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes Before Food
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you are having difficulty digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is made up of an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes which target the problem or increase what is already in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be used often
But, it doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. This isn’t a medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be taken as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are helpful to our bodies, best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. So supplements should be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplements. Digestive Enzymes Before Food
Digestive Enzymes and Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific types of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. The supplement is formulated with many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, thereby giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, digestive enzymes that help breakdown the body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help to think that these digestive supplements got all their requirements provided. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils, grains and even sugar from table, it looks that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify on what the supplements are made of. Be it dietary, probiotic or digestive enzymes Any supplement that fails to clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed their list of ingredients in the forefront. It’s on the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard ingredient list and what can be found on this products list. For instance, you may find that one of the ingredients has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason for this has a lot to do with what ingredients compose the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the type of food that they breakdown. For instance, if the product is talking of enzymes which break carbohydrates, like Amylase It will be within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most efficient enzymes found within the body since they serve multiple roles in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most essential when it comes to proteolysis which is the process of breaking down the proteins to amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, specifically in the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that helps in breaking down proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Aside from breaking down proteins, papain may aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals found in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized protein peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they are also essential for altering more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined to saliva within the mouth. This is the first step towards the process of digestion. After that, it passes through the stomach before it moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase, the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It assists in the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has the same function with amylase. It breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreasand pancreas, the it is also made by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This enzyme processes lactose, a substance that is found in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars found that is present in milk into two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general, it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley where beta-glucans are the present in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase – Invertase is named after an inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function Other enzymes are part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to help digest and break down a wider variety of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down effortlessly. Digestive Enzymes Before Food
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme, especially for those who like oily and fat-rich foods. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich in fats and oils, while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less appealing. With lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of being fuller when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group is what break down vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on digestion of the difficult cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is one of the many vital enzymes required to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme in the context of bone health. When phytase is activated it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. The acid can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like zinc and iron. With Phytase, these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorbed by the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules before each meal.
However, this might not be feasible given that a bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may just last for only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take two tablets daily and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule, while still giving your body the ability to work without any supplements. That said, the amount of times you take one capsule is really dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. Any more than that might result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If taken properly they will enable your body to have an easier and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will also appear. This can include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something going on inside your body. However the clear complexion indicates that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a functioning digestive system.
To this end, a clear skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less discomfort and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other disorders.
These disorders can be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there is no evidence of a negative side effects. Therefore, it’s safe to consume as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
However, like any food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant it is recommended to consult your doctor. Digestive Enzymes Before Food
Another point to be aware of it is that the product is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which may cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it would be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Also, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping is added onto the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and it even saves the cost of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking that you will use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for a long time I’d suggest getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their official website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites on the internet could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients more effectively.
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating and pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can opt for a targeted supplement or select an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to boost their digestive health because they love eating a diverse foods.
The wide-ranging method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident the ingredients list. This is a good thing since the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and what it cannot. They are simply not wasting your time.
After receiving the bottles that, mind you, took just three days to arrive I was thrilled about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me when I opened the bottle. That was something I didn’t think of as I was familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not too large for anyone to be a struggle but not too small to make one wonders if they are getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes Before Food
I’m on my third bottle right now and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months so far (I opt taking two pills each day, which seems like the perfect amount in my case.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. It was around the third week when I noticed that my gut felt better, and my time going to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I will continue taking these supplements into the coming days. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes Before Food
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein it is possible to take the supplement off whenever you want.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be used as such.
Crushing, cutting or altering supplements in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women or children who are less than 18 years old, and those with allergies should check with their physician prior to taking the supplement.