The human body can endure for weeks without food but food remains an essential part of our lives. It could be food you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks, or eating at a high end restaurant, or food that you need to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food so far as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn the entire body are worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I said earlier that the body could go months without eating, and it is true. The body can survive with water alone sustaining it, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only would there be a lack of taste, but your body would have no food to digest. Digestive Enzymes At Walgreens
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestive Enzymes At Walgreens
When we take in food, it is processed in such a way that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins at the mouth and finishes in the anus.
We all know this. It has been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that must not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary players in making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is certain that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. This is even if life can even exist in the first place.
There are three parts that are mostly responsible for supplying the body with enzymes. These include the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is considered an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body since it supplies the enzymes that breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may be aware of this however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, which break down various kinds of food items. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Oily stools
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as those, it’s advised to consult your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, you may boost your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes At Walgreens
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help those who have difficulty digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be used frequently
However, this doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. They are not medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial to our bodies, most effective substances for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. So supplements should be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplements. Digestive Enzymes At Walgreens
Digestive Enzymes and Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
There’s no doubt that online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food items. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This allows the supplement to process different kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, thus giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, digestive enzymes that help break down the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you can’t help from thinking that this digestive supplements got all their bases covered. From gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats grains, and table sugar, it appears like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is the norm to verify on what the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements or any other type of supplement that doesn’t clearly show their ingredients should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient front and center. The list can be found on the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring distinction between the typical ingredient list and what is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may see that one of the ingredients uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason is much to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly made up of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the kind of food they break down. For example, when it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are divided into three categories that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most hardworking enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 – These enzymes are amongst the most crucial in proteolysis,, which means breaking protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain is an enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small protein peptides. They not only destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed they mix into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step towards the process of digestion. After that, it passes through the stomach before it is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the smaller intestine. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that serves similar purposes to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme mainly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars present in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are guaranteed to aid in breaking them down quickly. Digestive Enzymes At Walgreens
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. It is a fact of knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less appealing. With lipase, the body will have no trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of fullness when it is taken along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase is one of the essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. When you use Phytase, these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorption by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Use
Like most supplements in the market, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules before every meal.
But, it could be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could only last one bottle for only 10 days.
A good sweet spot is to take 2 tablets per day Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still allowing your body to work without supplements. The amount of times you use each capsule is up to you.
However, six capsules should be your maximum. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in healthy digestion. If used correctly, these supplements should allow your body to have an easier and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion Other positive effects will be evident. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
How your skin appears is a tell of the overall health of your body. Acne outbreaks can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. In contrast the clear complexion indicates a healthy body. This includes having a well functioning digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there have been no reported negative side effects. So, it’s suitable to use in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
However, like any food supplement when you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is recommended to consult your doctor. Digestive Enzymes At Walgreens
Another thing to note it is that the product has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which may cause allergies to some people. If you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it would be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. It is also important to note that shipping costs are not free. The cost for shipping will be added to the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one bottle can save you many dollars and can even save the cost of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you believe that you would be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for a long time I suggest buying the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at the official site. As such it is important to get them there and only there. Buying the supplements from other sites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of food
- Helps ease mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion or heartburn as well as discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- May not be good for those with allergies since the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- It is possible to take in the long-term to maintain consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two varieties. You can either go for a targeted supplement or you can choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for those who are looking to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a broad range of foods.
The broad-based method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is apparent through its ingredient list. This is a good thing since the supplement is truthful about what it can deliver and what it cannot. It isn’t wasting your time.
When I received my supplements, which mind you, just took 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about launching my digestive supplement regimen.
A good arome welcomed me when I opened the bottle. That was something I didn’t think of as I was used to having supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not too large to make people struggle, and not so small that you question whether you’re getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes At Walgreens
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and I’ve taken the supplement for 3 months now (I choose 2 tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot in my case.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. I think it was about the third week that I realized that my gut was feeling better , and my time going to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
You can rest assured. I will continue taking these supplements into the coming days. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but so far I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes At Walgreens
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available through their website. Shopping with other retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is recommended to take the supplement regularly. Similar to that you are able to take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be taken as such.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying supplements in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.