Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating, food is still vital to our existence. Be it food that you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or even dining in a high end restaurant, or food that you require to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn, our whole body is worried, food is much more than just food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body could go days without food and this is true. The body can survive with water alone sustaining it but that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there a lack of taste, it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Digestive Enzymes And What They Do
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes And What They Do
When we take in food, it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients become beneficial to our body. This is what we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts from the mouth and ends in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in schools since the 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that should really not be overlooked in the topic. Enzymes. These are the primary players in making food and food products into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside the body.
It is certain that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. That is, if life can even exist in the first place.
There are three parts that are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may be aware of this however, there are many types of digestive enzymes that break down different types of food items. The pancreas, which is the central organ that we have discussed is responsible for three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase which helps break down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymesor their bodies do not have the capacity to release required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. In this situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not something to take lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, it is possible to boost your digestive enzymes through supplements. Digestive Enzymes And What They Do
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help those who have difficulty digesting your food or you are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes which target the problem or increase what is already inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be used frequently
However, this doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a medicine that should never be taken as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to your body, the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzymes And What They Do
Digestive Enzymes and Work How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar the supplements will provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. Its formula is made of numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been identified as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes that to break down your body into chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplement has all its needs provided. From the common gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it seems like it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that does not transparently reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed the list of their ingredients on display. It’s on the label of the bottle.
But, you may find that there is a glaring distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what is on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may find that one of the ingredients has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has much to do with what ingredients comprise the product contain. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they break down. For example, when it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking up carbohydrates, such as Amylase, it will be in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they eat. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2.. These two enzymes are among the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking proteins into amino acids. Furthermore, these two can be utilized to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, particularly at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in the breakdown of protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that degrades gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized proteins. They not only break proteins, but they can also be used to modify more proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed, they combine to saliva within the mouth, which is the first step toward the digestion process. Then, it goes through the stomach before it moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – It enzyme process lactose, a chemical found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found that is present in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by an inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose that are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down easily. Digestive Enzymes And What They Do
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty foods. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils even though delicious, are a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less satisfying. With lipase, the body will have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It is also proven to decrease the sensation of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes are what breaks down vegetables that you consume in your diet. They focus on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase – This is one of the many essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. When phytase is activated it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. The acid can bind essential minerals required by the body, such as iron and zinc. When you use Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorbed into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption, such as calcium and the aforementioned iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it takes the same dosage in order to receive maximum benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may only last one bottle for only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take 2 tablets per day Be sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. That said, the amount of times you use the capsule is entirely dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in the healthy digestion. If properly taken they will enable your body to have an easier and quicker time of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy Other positive effects will also appear. These include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your body’s overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be an indication of something wrong inside your body. However clear skin indicates that your body is healthy. This means having a healthy and working digestive system.
As a result, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients if the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there have been no reported adverse effect. As such, it is safe to consume in the case of following the recommended dosage.
As with any food supplement when you are nursing or pregnant it is advised to check and visit your doctor. Digestive Enzymes And What They Do
Another point to be aware of to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. If you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it might be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. Additionally, it is important to remember that shipping costs are not free. The cost for shipping will be added to the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you a lot of value and it even saves lots of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparison shopping, the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking that you will use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time I’d suggest buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites on the internet might be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide selection of enzymes that cover a wide range of food items.
- It can help ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as stomach discomfort.
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the ingredients contain allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children below 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can choose to go with one that is targeted or choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly suitable for people who want to improve their digestion because they love eating a broad range of foods.
The wide-ranging approach of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident through its ingredient list. This is an excellent thing as the supplement is transparent about what it can deliver and what it cannot. They are simply not waste of time.
Upon getting the bottles that,, mind you, took just 3 days to arrive, I was excited about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. It was something I didn’t think of as I was used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not too small to make one wonders if they are taking enough. Digestive Enzymes And What They Do
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have taken the supplement for 3 months now (I opt taking two pills each day, which seems like a good sweet spot to me.) I’ve noticed a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not overnight. It was around the third week, when I realized that my stomach felt better, and my trips to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take these supplements into the coming days. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but so far I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes And What They Do
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website in order to stay clear of scams and assure credibility
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Shopping at other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the advantages, it is advised to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way it is possible to take the supplement off whenever you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying supplements in any manner shape or form is not advised.
Who shouldn’t take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years of age and those with allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.