While the human body can go for weeks without eating but food remains vital to our own existence. Food that you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or even eating in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn our entire body is worried, food is much more than food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body could go days without food and this is true. The body can live with only water but that is a miserable life. Not only would there be the absence of taste but your body would have nothing to digest. Digestive Enzymes And Nutrient Absorption
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes And Nutrient Absorption
When we take in food it is processed in that the nutrients are useful to our bodies. This process is what we call digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. This has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that should really not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary actors when it comes to making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life isn’t like it is without enzymes. This is even if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body, as it is responsible for the enzymes that breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already be aware of this however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down various types of food items. The pancreas is the only powerhouse that we talked about is responsible for three types of the most important digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymesor the body does not have the capacity to release required enzymes, they could be suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase in order to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t something to take lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it is recommended to visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, it is possible to boost your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes And Nutrient Absorption
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting your food or are deficient in certain enzymes within your body. It is made up of an carefully selected blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance what is already within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be used frequently
However, this doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a medication that should never be taken as the same.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial to your body, the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. Therefore, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzymes And Nutrient Absorption
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, the internet and online stores all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch the supplements will provide you with the appropriate enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. It is made up of many enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula of the supplement give credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes that to break down your body into nutrients and chemicals that your body requires.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you cannot help from thinking that this digestive supplements got all their requirements covered. From gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils grains, and table sugar, it seems like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients front and center. It’s on the bottle’s packaging.
You may notice the stark difference between the usual label of ingredients and the one that is listed on this products list. For instance, you may see that one of the ingredients is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason for this has a lot to do with what ingredients make up the product contain. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are mostly made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the type of food that they breakdown. For instance, if it talks of enzymes which break carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are divided into three categories consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are among the most crucial in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in the breaking down of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small protein peptides. They not only break proteins, they can also be used to modify more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step towards the digestion process. Then, it goes to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase which is the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the smaller intestine. It assists in it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – This enzyme mostly process lactose, a chemical found in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar present in milk to two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars in oats and barley, where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes Other enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items, these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down quickly. Digestive Enzymes And Nutrient Absorption
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who love oily and fatty foods. In the end, it’s common to know that foods rich in fats and oils, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. With lipase, your body will not have a trouble digesting them all. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase The enzymes in this group is what break down vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- Phytase is among the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. It is a crucial enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body, such as zinc and iron. With Phytase, these zinc and iron are released, and are easily absorption by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase your absorption and absorption rate of mineral, such as calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use 2 tablets each day, making sure to take it during the heaviest meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule, while still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. That said, the amount of times you use one capsule is really dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in healthy digestion. If used correctly, these supplements should allow the body to have a simpler and quicker time of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy Other positive effects will also appear. This can include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks can tell you about your body’s overall health. Acne-related breakouts could be an indication of something that is not right with your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means a healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other disorders.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there is no evidence of a side effect. So, it’s safe to take just so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
However, like any food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to consult your doctor. Digestive Enzymes And Nutrient Absorption
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. If you are someone who have allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. Additionally, it is important to note that shipping is not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping is added onto the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you many dollars and it even saves the cost of shipping. Just by looking and comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe that you will use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over many years I’d suggest going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. It is therefore essential to purchase them only there. Buying the supplements from other places online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of foods.
- It can help ease mild digestive problems like constipation and heartburn, as well as stomach discomfort.
- It helps the body take in nutrients.
- The high probability of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease the pain and fatigue
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken long term for continuous effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two forms. You can either go for a targeted supplement or select one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to boost their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of food palette.
The broad-range strategy that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just the ingredients list. This is a great thing since the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. They are simply not wasting your time.
Upon getting the bottles that,, mind you, only took 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me when I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not too small that you question whether you’re getting enough of it. Digestive Enzymes And Nutrient Absorption
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months now (I choose taking two pills per day, which was an ideal sweet spot to me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not immediate. I think it was about the third week, when I noticed that my stomach felt better, and my trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I will continue taking supplements in the near future. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Digestive Enzymes And Nutrient Absorption
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure legitimacy
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
You can buy them at the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
How long do I have to take this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. Similar to that you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering the supplement in any manner form or shape is not advised.
Who shouldn’t be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult their doctors before taking the supplement.