The human body can go for weeks without eating, food is still an essential part of our own existence. Food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or eating at an expensive restaurant or food you have to eat to maintain your health. Food is food.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and, by extension our entire body is worried, food is much more than food. It’s the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body could go weeks without eating and it is the truth. The body is able to survive on only water but it is a miserable life. Not only is there an absence of taste the body would also have no food to take in. Digestive Enzymes And Metabolism
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Digestive Enzymes And Metabolism
If we consume food, it is processed in that the nutrients are beneficial to our body. This is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
We all know this. It has been taught in school since the 5th grade. However, do we truly know what happens inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that should really not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary agents in turning food from food into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is safe to say that life would not be like it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
Three parts are responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body since it supplies the enzymes that break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may be aware of this however, there are many types of digestive enzymes which break down different kinds of food items. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of the most important digestive enzymes. These are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release necessary enzymes, they may be suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase to digest the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stomach oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as these, it is recommended to visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, it is possible to enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Digestive Enzymes And Metabolism
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance what is already in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be used regularly
But, it doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. It is not a medication and should not be taken as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to you, but the most effective ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestive Enzymes And Metabolism
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific types of food items. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch These supplements can provide you with the specific enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This lets the supplement process different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body requires.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplements have all their needs covered. From the common gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils grains, and sugar from table, it looks that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be the norm to verify on the ingredients that the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients in the forefront. It’s on the packaging of the bottle.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is listed on this products list. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason for this has something to do what ingredients comprise the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the type of food that they breakdown. For example, when the product talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they consume. They are classified into three classes consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These enzymes are amongst the most important in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking proteins into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice specifically in the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that assists in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized proteins. They not only break proteins, they are also essential for altering the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine with saliva in the mouth which is the initial step in the digestive process. Following that, it travels through the stomach before it goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. It assists in transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced by the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive issues, including heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that mostly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down sugars present in oats and barley where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating the substance is due to invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function additional enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider variety of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are sure to help break them down quickly. Digestive Enzymes And Metabolism
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who like oily and fat-rich food items. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less satisfying. But, with lipase your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to decrease the sensation of fullness when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that you consume in your diet. They focus on breaking down the difficult to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase – This is one of the important enzymes that are required to digest food. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. In the case of phytase it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase, these iron and zinc are released, and are easily taken in through the human body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals like calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Use
As with most supplements on marketplace, it requires a consistent dosage to get the best benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may just last for just 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to consume 2 tablets each day and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you consume each capsule is up to you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. Any more than that might result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in healthy digestion. If taken properly, these supplements should allow the body to have a simpler and faster process of taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will be evident. This can include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, body pains, and headaches.
Your skin’s appearance is an indicator of your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. However clear skin indicates a healthy body. This means having a healthy and operating digestive system.
To this end an enlightened skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of underlying issues from an inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there is no evidence of a negative side effects. So, it’s safe to consume so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
However, like any other food supplement, if you are nursing or pregnant it is advised to visit and check with your physician. Digestive Enzymes And Metabolism
Another point to be aware of it is that the product contains dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which may cause allergies to some people. If you are someone who have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells the product in bundles. Additionally, it is important to note that shipping isn’t free. As such, shipping price is added onto the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one bottle can save you many dollars and can even save the cost of shipping. Just by looking and looking at the prices, purchasing the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be the same as purchasing three bottles and receiving one free.
If you think that you will be using this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time I’d suggest buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their website. It is therefore essential to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites on the internet might be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad variety of enzymes that can cover a wide range of food items.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant women (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children under 18 years old. older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can either go for an individual supplement or choose an option that offers a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people who want to supplement their digestive health as they enjoy eating a broad range of food palette.
The broad-range method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is a good thing since the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and what it cannot. They are simply not making you wait.
Upon getting the bottles that,, mind you, just took three days to reach me, I was excited about launching my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. This was something I didn’t anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not so small that you question whether you’re taking enough. Digestive Enzymes And Metabolism
I’m on my third bottle right now and have been taking the supplement for three months to date (I prefer taking two pills per day, which was a good sweet spot in my case.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not overnight. I believe it was about the third week that I began to notice that my stomach felt better, and my time going to the bathroom became more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but so far I’m not sure.
Frequently Answered Questions Digestive Enzymes And Metabolism
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I’m not a fan taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and should be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering supplements in any manner in shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their doctors before taking the supplement.