While the human body can go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is an essential part of our lives. Be it food that you love eating, such as snack foods, comfort food or even eating in a high end restaurant, or food that you need to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food so far as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension our entire body is concerned, food is more than just food. It’s the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I said earlier that the body can survive weeks without eating and it is indeed true. The body can survive with only water, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only is there the absence of taste the body would also have no food to take in. Digestion And Enzymes Ks3
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Digestion And Enzymes Ks3
When we take in food it is processed in such a way that the nutrients become useful to the body. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system that starts from the mouth and ends in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in school since the 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that shouldn’t be left out of the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is possible to say that life wouldn’t be like it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes needed to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already have an idea, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes and they all break down different kinds of food items. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymesor their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Oily stools
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you experience long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be best to go visit your physician. For milder symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. Digestion And Enzymes Ks3
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting food or are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made from carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” it is intended to be utilized often
But, it doesn’t mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a medicine that should never be used as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to you, but the best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by your body. So, supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. Digestion And Enzymes Ks3
Digestive Enzymes and Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
It’s true that online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of foods. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar These supplements can give you the enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with dozens of enzymes. This allows the supplement to process various kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the breakdown of food, providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula for the supplement gives the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you can’t help to think that these digestive supplements got all their requirements provided. From the common gluten protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils grains, even table sugar, it seems like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify on what the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients on display. This can be found at the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may find that one ingredient is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason for this has a lot to do with the ingredients that comprise the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly composed of enzymes.
For the sake of the sake of transparency VItapost label these enzymes depending on the type of food that they breakdown. For example, when it talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be within the DU unit.
In addition, because the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are divided into the type of food they consume. They are classified into three categories that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are among the most essential when it comes to proteolysis which is the process of breaking down protein into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is found in pineapple juice, particularly at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruits. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small proteins. They not only break proteins, they are also important for modifying many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed they mix into saliva inside the mouth, which is the first step towards the digestion process. Then, it goes to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. It assists in it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has the same function with amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase is also produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars found in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these other enzymes are sure to break them down easily. Digestion And Enzymes Ks3
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with oils and fats, while delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body should have no trouble digesting them all. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of fullness when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes is what break down vegetables that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on digestion of the difficult cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- The Phytase enzyme is among the essential enzymes needed to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when it comes to bone health. In the case of phytase it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to essential minerals required by the body such as iron and zinc. With Phytase the zinc and iron are released, and are easily taken in into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like most supplements in the market, it requires a consistent dosage to get the most benefit from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance, it is recommended to take one or two capsules before each meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may only last one bottle for just ten days.
A good sweet spot is to take two tablets daily, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without any supplements. The amount of times you take the capsule is entirely up to you.
However, six capsules should be your limit. Anything more than that could cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow your body to have a simpler and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be evident. These include clear skin and less migraines, as well as headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign that something is going on inside your body. However clear skin indicates that your body is healthy. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
As a result, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches, are all the results of the underlying issue caused by an inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there have been no reported adverse effect. So, it’s suitable to use so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
As with any food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to consult your physician. Digestion And Enzymes Ks3
Another point to be aware of it is that the product has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. Additionally, it is important to remember that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than just one could save you many dollars and it even saves a lot of shipping. Just by looking and comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking that you would use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time I suggest buying the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on the official site. Therefore, it is essential to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of foods.
- It can help ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- May help with discomfort and fatigue.
- May not be good for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children below 18 years old (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can choose to go with a targeted supplement or you can choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a diverse food options.
The wide-ranging strategy to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing since the supplement is transparent about what it can deliver and what it cannot. It isn’t waste of time.
When I received my bottles, which, mind you, only took 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me as I opened the bottle. That was something I didn’t think of as I was used to supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in size. They’re not big enough for people to struggle and not too small that you question whether you’re taking enough. Digestion And Enzymes Ks3
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and have been taking the supplement for three months now (I prefer taking two pills per day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot in my case.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movements and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. I believe it was about the third week, when I realized that my stomach was feeling better , and my trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the near future. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently Asked Questions Digestion And Enzymes Ks3
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, they are legal supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
You can buy them at the official website.
Remember it is only available at their website. Shopping at other online retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. The same way it is possible to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you want.
I’m not a fan capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and must be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying supplements in any way form or shape is not recommended.
Who should not take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should check with their physician prior to taking the supplement.