Although the human body is able to go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our own existence. Be it food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or even eating in an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat for sustenance. It’s food.
Food is food insofar as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension the entire body are involved, food is more than food. It’s the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body is able to go for months without eating, and it is the truth. The body is able to survive on water alone sustaining it, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only is there an absence of taste but your body would have no food to digest. Chris Kresser Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes Chris Kresser Digestive Enzymes
If we consume food it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This is what we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s one other thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the topic. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main players in changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” of the body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may already be aware of this however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down different types of food. The pancreas alone, the central organ that we have discussed is responsible for three types of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the needed enzymes, they are suffering from a condition known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to create enough lactase for digestion of sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel persistent symptoms such as those, it’s best to go visit your doctor. For milder symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Chris Kresser Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you are having difficulty digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes for enhanced digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes inside the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be taken frequently
But, it doesn’t mean it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. They are not medicine that should never be used as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial to your body, the best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. So supplements should be taken when needed. Always consult your physician prior to using any type of supplement. Chris Kresser Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would give you the enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. Its formula is made of numerous enzymes. This helps the supplement digest different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been regarded as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the breakdown of food, thus providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of digestive enzymes that break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their requirements all covered. From gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats, grains and even table sugar, it appears like it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check on what the supplement is made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put its list of ingredient front and center. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring difference between the usual label of ingredients than what is on this products list. For example, you can find that one of the ingredients uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason for this has much to do with what the ingredients that make up the product. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily made up of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the kind of food they are breaking down. For example, when the product talks of enzymes which break up carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified according to the kind of food they eat. They are classified into three classifications of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes in the body as they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most crucial in proteolysis,, which means breaking the proteins to amino acids. Furthermore, these two can be utilized to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that can commonly found in pineapple juice, and specifically at the root of the pineapple. For years, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme which breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they can also be used to modify more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix to saliva within the mouth which is the first step towards the process of digestion. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. It assists in it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase. It breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, it is also made by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance found in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found that is present in milk into two simple sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down sugars present in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function Other enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a greater variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to aid in breaking them down quickly. Chris Kresser Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme especially to those who like oily and fat-rich foods. In the end, it’s common information that foods that are loaded with fats and oils even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less satisfying. But, with lipase the body should have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of fullness when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes is what break down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest plant cell walls and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase – This is one of the vital enzymes required to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body, such as zinc and iron. When you use Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorption through the human body. In addition, Phytase is also used to increase your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium, as well as the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like many supplements available on marketplace, it takes a consistent dosage to get the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to take one or two capsules prior to each meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts only ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to consume two tablets daily, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still permitting your body to function without supplements. That said, the amount of times you use each capsule is up to you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken the supplements will allow the body to have a more easy and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will be visible. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks can tell you about the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something that is not right with your body. In contrast the clear complexion indicates that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a functioning digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser fatigue and pain. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there is no evidence of a negative side effects. As such, it is suitable to use so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
But, as with any food supplement when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is recommended to check and visit your physician. Chris Kresser Digestive Enzymes
A second thing to consider it is that the product has dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you are someone who have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it might be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. It is also important to remember that shipping is not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one can help you save a lot of value and it even saves lots of shipping. Simply by looking at and looking at the prices, purchasing the four bottle bundle for $74 is as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe that you will use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for many years I suggest buying the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. It is therefore essential to access them only there. Buying the supplements from other sites on the internet could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of foods.
- It can help ease minor digestive issues like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion or heartburn as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients more effectively.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- It may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for lactating and pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two types. You can opt for one that is targeted or choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for people looking to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-range strategy that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just the ingredients list. This is a great thing since the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it cannot. It’s not waste of time.
Upon getting my bottles, which mind you, only took three days to reach me I was thrilled about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me upon opening the bottle. That was something I did not think of as I was familiar with supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They are not too big to make people struggle, and not too small that one wonders if they are taking enough. Chris Kresser Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and have taken the supplement for three months to date (I opt to take two tablets per day, which was the perfect amount in my case.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
The effects weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week when I noticed that my gut was feeling better , and my time going to the toilet become more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take supplements in the future. Of course, this is unless I find something superior, but at this point I’m not sure.
Frequently asked questions Chris Kresser Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit products.
How long should I take this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that, you can stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan of capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting or modifying or altering the content in any manner in shape or form is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women and children younger than 18 years old, and people who have allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.