While the human body can go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. It could be food you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or even dining in a high end restaurant, or food that you require to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and in turn our entire body is worried, food is much more than just food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I said earlier that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is the truth. The body is able to survive on water as the sole source of nourishment, however, that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there the absence of taste but your body would have nothing to digest. Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes
If we consume food, it is processed in a way that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This is the process we call digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system, which starts at the mouth and finishes with waste being deposited in the anus.
We all know this. This has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. But, do we actually know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s another thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These are the primary actors when it comes to changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is certain that life isn’t the same as it is without enzymes. That is, in the event that life exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing your body with the enzymes it needs. They are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body, as it is responsible for the enzymes that break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You might already be aware of this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down different types of food. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier is responsible for three types of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. In this situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase in order to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as these, it is recommended to visit your physician. For milder symptoms, you can always enhance your digestive enzymes through supplements. Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting your food or you have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve the existing enzymes inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid” It is designed to be utilized regularly
But, it doesn’t mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. It is not a prescription medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial to our bodies, best ingredients for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. So, supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes at Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain types of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch These supplements can give you the enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This allows the supplement to process various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help break down the body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help to think that these digestive supplement has all its requirements provided. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as fats, oils grains, even sugar from table, it looks like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the supplements are made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzyme supplements Any supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put their list of ingredients in the forefront. The list can be found on the bottle’s packaging.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that can be found in this list. For instance, you may see that one ingredient uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kilograms.
The reason is something to do what the ingredients that compose the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost label these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they breakdown. For instance, if the product is talking about enzymes that break up carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be in the unit of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are classified according to the kind of food they digest. They are divided into three classifications consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most essential in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down the proteins to amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is commonly be found in pineapple juice specifically in the pineapple stem. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia to treat soreness, burns, and pain of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that aids in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme which breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small peptides. They not only break proteins, they can also be used to modify many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed they mix into saliva inside the mouth. This is the initial step in the digestion process. After that, it passes to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the enzyme that is mainly responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. It helps in catalyzing it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar functions to amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, it is also made in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness and bloating, as well as lethargy gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme mainly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. A deficiency in lactase can make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugar that is present in milk into two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars found in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes Other enzymes are included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a wider variety of foods. From plants-based diets to fat and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to help break them down quickly. Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who enjoy fatty and oily food items. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich in fats and oils, although delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. But, with lipase your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of feeling full when this enzyme is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these types of diet.
- Phytase is one of the essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind important minerals needed by the body, such as zinc and iron. When you use Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and easily taken in into the body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals like calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules before each meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for just ten days.
A good sweet spot is to use two tablets daily and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still allowing your body to work without supplements. That said, the amount of times you consume each capsule is your choice.
However, six capsules should be the minimum. Anything more than that could have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have an easier and quicker time of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy Other positive effects will be visible. These include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of your overall health. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something going on inside your body. In contrast, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This includes having a well operating digestive system.
As a result having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are all the results of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements, there have been no reported adverse effect. Therefore, it’s safe to take just so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
But, as with all food supplements when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to check and visit your physician. Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes
Another point to be aware of it is that the product has soy, dairy, and wheat, which may cause allergic reactions for some people. As such, if you suffer from an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Also, it is important to note that shipping is not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping can be included in the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one bottle can save you many dollars and can even save a lot of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparison shopping, the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you are thinking that you would be using the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over many years, I would recommend just buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. As such it is important to access them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other websites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of food items.
- It can help ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating or heartburn as well as stomach pain
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for those who suffer from allergies because the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children below 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken long term for continuous effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two forms. You can choose to go with one that is targeted or choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to boost their digestive health because they love eating a diverse food palette.
The wide-ranging approach to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident the ingredients list. This is a good thing since the supplement is truthful about the benefits it offers and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t waste of time.
When I received my supplements, which mind you, took just 3 days to arrive I was excited about the prospect of starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A nice aroma greeted me when I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t anticipate as I was used to having supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not too small to make you question whether you’re receiving enough. Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and I’ve been taking the supplement for three months so far (I opt to take two tablets per day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot to me.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. It was around the third week when I noticed that my gut felt better, and my trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I will continue taking these supplements into the near future. Of course, that is until I discover something superior, but at this point I doubt it.
Frequently asked questions Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available on their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
For how long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein it is possible to take the supplement off whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and should be used as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering supplements in any way in shape or form is not advised.
Who should not take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women and children younger than 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.