While the human body can endure for weeks without food but food remains vital to our existence. Food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs and by extension our entire body is involved, food is more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I said earlier that the body can survive days without food and this is indeed true. The body can survive with water alone sustaining it, however, that would be a miserable existence. Not only would there be an absence of taste the body would also have nothing to digest. Can Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Can Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
When we eat food the food is processed in such that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This is what we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system which begins at the mouth and finishes up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really know what happens inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there’s another aspect that must not be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These are the primary players in making food and food products into nutrients. They also play a role in nearly all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is safe to say that life isn’t the same as it is without enzymes. This is even if life can even exist in the first place.
Three parts are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may know this however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down various kinds of food. The pancreas is the only powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of the most important digestive enzymes. These include:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also , it is produced in the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the ability to release the required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. In this case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Symptoms of these can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you experience persistent symptoms such as those, it’s recommended to visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, it is possible to boost your digestive enzymes with supplements. Can Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help those who have difficulty digesting your food or are deficient in certain enzymes within your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes for enhanced digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present within the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be utilized regularly
However, this does not mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a medicine or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be used as an such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful to our bodies, most effective ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. As such supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplements. Can Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, the internet and online stores in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific types of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch the supplements will provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is different. The supplement is formulated with numerous enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, thus giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the supplement’s formula give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help to break down your body into nutrients and chemicals that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplements got all their bases covered. From the usual gluten protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils grains, and table sugar, it appears that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check for what the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary or even digestive enzymes Any supplement that fails to clearly show their ingredients should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients on display. This can be found at the bottle’s packaging.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable difference between the usual label of ingredients than what can be found in this list. For instance, you may discover that one ingredient has the unit of HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason is a lot to do with what the ingredients that make up the product are. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise mostly comprised of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost label these enzymes depending on the kind of food they breakdown. For example, when the product talks of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they digest. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 These enzymes are amongst the most essential in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can be utilized to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is an enzyme that can commonly found in pineapple juice, specifically in the stem of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that helps in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruits. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized peptides. Not only do they break proteins, but they can also be used to modify many proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix with saliva in the mouth which is the first step towards the digestive process. After that, it passes into the stomach, and later goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase, the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that serves the same function with amylase in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive issues, including heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stool.
- Lactase – This enzyme mainly process lactose, a chemical that is found in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars found in milk into two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars found in oats and barley where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose which were earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes, other enzymes are also included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a wider range of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down quickly. Can Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme, especially for those who like oily and fat-rich food items. In the end, it’s common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, although delicious, can be an irritant to your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body should have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of feeling full when the enzyme is consumed in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on digesting the hard to digest cell walls of plant cells and fibers found in these types of diet.
- The Phytase enzyme is among the essential enzymes needed to digest food. Phytase is particularly a key enzyme when we talk about bone health. When phytase is activated, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body such as iron and zinc. When you use Phytase the iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorption through the human body. In addition, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals such as calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
Like most supplements in available, it needs an appropriate dosage to reap the most benefit out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to take one or two capsules before each meal.
But, it could not be feasible given that a bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for only ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to use two tablets daily and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still allowing your body to work without the need for supplements. That said, the amount of times you consume the capsule is entirely dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Any more than that might have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a simpler and quicker time of taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be evident. It could include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign of something going on inside your body. However, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to inflammation of the gut or other issues.
These disorders can be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients if the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there has been no known adverse effect. So, it’s safe to take just so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
But, as with any other food supplement that you take, if you’re nursing or pregnant it is advised to consult your physician. Can Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
Another thing to note is that the supplement contains soy, dairy, and wheat, which could cause allergies to some people. As such, if you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it may be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. It is also crucial to know that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping is added onto the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you a lot of value and it even saves a lot of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 would be like buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe that you would use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time I’d suggest going all in on the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their website. As such it is important to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other places on the internet could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad selection of enzymes that be used to treat a variety of food items.
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like constipation, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the ingredients contain allergens.
- It is not recommended for lactating or pregnant women (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children under 18 years old. old (check with your physician)
- Only online and on the official website
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two varieties. You can either go for one that is targeted or select one that is broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people who want to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a broad range of food options.
The broad-based approach that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great quality because the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t wasting your time.
When I received my supplements, which mind you, only took 3 days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me as I opened the bottle. It was something I didn’t expect as I was so used to having supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They’re not too large for anyone to be a struggle but not too small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. Can Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and have been taking the supplement for three months to date (I choose to take two tablets each day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot for me.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
However, the results weren’t instantaneous. I think it was about the third week when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better , and my trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I’ll be taking this supplement in the future. Of course, that is unless I find something superior, but at this point I’m not sure.
Frequently asked questions Can Digestive Enzymes Cause Constipation
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure legitimacy
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
For how long should I take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. The same way, you can discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I don’t like capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and should be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting or modifying supplements in any manner shape or form is not advised.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women, children under 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.