The human body can go for weeks without eating and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. Food that you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you require to eat for sustenance. Food is food.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and, by extension our entire body is involved, food is more than food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I said earlier that the body can survive days without food and this is the truth. The body can live with water alone sustaining it, however, that would be a miserable existence. Not only is there a lack of taste, it also means that your body has nothing to digest. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Harmful
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes Can Digestive Enzymes Be Harmful
When we take in food the food is processed in a way that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This process is what we call digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system that starts from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we are all aware of this. It has been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we truly know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there is one other thing that must not be left out of the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is certain that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. That is, if life can even exist in the first place.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. They are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is known as an enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body since it supplies the enzymes required to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You might already know this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes that break down different types of food items. The pancreas, which is the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. In this situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not something to take lightly. It can cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. Signs of it include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Oily stools
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be advised to consult your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme by taking supplements. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Harmful
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a nutritional supplement that can aid you if you have problems digesting food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes which target the problem or increase what is already inside the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” It is designed to be taken regularly
But, it doesn’t mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. This isn’t a medicine and should not be utilized as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to you, but the best ingredients for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. Therefore, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Harmful
Digestive Enzymes in Action How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, the internet and online stores generally are brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch These supplements can provide you with the specific enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is distinct. It is made up of many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process multiple types of foods. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of breaking down food, thereby giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients in the formula of the supplement give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of digestive enzymes that breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you cannot help from thinking that this digestive supplements have all their needs provided. From the usual gluten protein, starches and dairy, to fats, oils grains, and table sugar, it appears like the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look on the ingredients that the supplements are made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or even digestive enzyme supplements Any supplement that does not transparently reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed their list of ingredients on display. This can be found at the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find the stark distinction between the standard label of ingredients and the one that is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may see that one of the ingredients uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason is much to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly comprised of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes depending on the kind of food they are breaking down. For example, when the product is talking about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be within the DU unit.
Furthermore, since the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are divided into the type of food they digest. They are classified into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes in the human body because they play multiple roles within the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2.. These enzymes are amongst the most important in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the protein into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that is be found in pineapple juice specifically in the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been utilized in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that assists in breaking down proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze dietary gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small proteins. Not only do they destroy proteins, they are also essential for altering more proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth which is the first step toward the digestion process. Then, it goes to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat starchy foods like rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas, before it enters the smaller intestine. It helps in catalyzing transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, it is also made by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme mostly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar present in milk to two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes Other enzymes are part of the recipe for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of food types. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down effortlessly. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Harmful
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty food items. In the end, it’s common information that foods that are loaded with oils and fats, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. However, with lipase, the body will have no problem digesting most of them. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of fullness when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is among the important enzymes that are required for digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme in the context of bone health. When it comes to phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind important minerals needed by the body, such as zinc and iron. With Phytase the zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorbed through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals, such as calcium, as well as the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Use
As with most supplements on the market, it needs a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules before every meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may just last for only ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to consume two tablets daily Be sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still permitting your body to function without supplements. That said, the amount of times you consume each capsule is your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be your maximum. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in the healthy digestion. If taken properly the supplements will allow the body to have a more easy and quicker time of taking in nutrients from food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion Other positive effects will be evident. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be an indication of something wrong inside your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This is a good sign of a functioning digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there has been no known adverse effect. Therefore, it’s safe to consume as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
However, like all food supplements when you are nursing or pregnant it is advised to consult your doctor. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Harmful
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains soy, dairy, and wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. Therefore, if you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it may be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also sells this product as bundles. It is also important to note that shipping is not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping is added onto the cost list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of just one could save you many dollars and it even saves lots of shipping. Just by looking and looking at the prices, purchasing the four bottle bundle for $74 would be the same as purchasing three bottles and receiving one free.
If you think that you will use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over a long time I suggest getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. As such it is important to purchase them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other places online could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of foods.
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like indigestion symptoms of bloating and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients more effectively.
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years of age (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can either go for a targeted supplement or select a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a diverse food palette.
The wide-ranging approach of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is transparent about what it can deliver and not deliver. It isn’t waste of time.
When I received my bottles, which, mind you, took just three days to arrive, I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. That was something I didn’t anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not too small that you question whether you’re taking enough. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Harmful
I’m on my third bottle now and have been taking the supplement for three months to date (I prefer taking two pills each day which seemed like an ideal sweet spot for me.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. It was around the third week that I noticed that my gut was feeling better and that my trips to the bathroom became more regular rather than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll continue to take this supplement in the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something superior, but at this point I’m not sure.
Frequently Answered Questions Can Digestive Enzymes Be Harmful
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Be aware that it’s only available through their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to take the supplement regularly. The same way, you can take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, can there be another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules, and should be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting, or altering the supplement in any manner shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant or children who are less than 18 years old and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.