The human body can endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our existence. It could be food you love eating, such as comfort food, snacks, or eating at an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs, and in turn the entire body are worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body is able to go for weeks without eating and it is the truth. The body is able to survive on water as the sole source of nourishment, however, that is a miserable life. Not only would there be a lack of taste, it also means that your body has no food to digest. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Bad For You
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Can Digestive Enzymes Be Bad For You
When we take in food, it is processed in that the nutrients are useful to our bodies. This is the process we all know as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system, which starts at the mouth and finishes in the anus.
We all know this. It has been taught in school since 5th grade. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Do we really know how and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that should really not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main agents in turning food from food into nutrients. They also play a role in nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing the body with enzymes. They are the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body, as it is responsible for the enzymes required to breakdown proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may have an idea however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down different types of food. The pancreas alone, the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are suffering from a condition called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency is unable to break down certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. In this situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Weight loss that is not explained.
Whenever you feel prolonged symptoms like these, it is best to go visit your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Bad For You
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help those who have difficulty digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food by combining a blend of specially selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be used frequently
But, it does not mean that the product can be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. This isn’t a prescription medication that should never be utilized as the same.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for our bodies, most effective substances for digestion are those that are naturally produced by the body. Therefore supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplements. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Bad For You
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes to digest specific types of food. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the specific enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. It is made up of numerous enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, providing the body with a quicker time to digest food and absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplement has all its requirements all covered. From the usual gluten protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils grains, and table sugar, it appears that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is your standard procedure to check on what the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly show their ingredients should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients front and center. The list can be found on the label of the bottle.
You may notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what can be found on this products list. For instance, you may discover that one of the ingredients is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the typical grams or kilograms.
The reason behind this has something to do what ingredients compose the product are. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the type of food that they break down. For instance, if the product is talking about the enzymes responsible for breaking carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the unit of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are divided into the type of food they consume. They are divided into three classes that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most hardworking enzymes in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. One of these is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are among the most important in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to create new protein products
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, particularly at the pineapple stem. Since the beginning, it has been used in Asia to treat burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that assists in breaking down proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that breaks down gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and often inactivating small peptides. Not only do they destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying more proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix with saliva in the mouth. This is the first step toward the process of digestion. After that, it passes into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering the small intestine. It assists in it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar functions to amylase. It is able to break down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion, while helping deter many digestive issues, including heaviness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – It enzyme mostly processes lactose, a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In simple terms it breaks down the sugars in oats and barley where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose which were earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function Other enzymes are added to the formulation of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a wider range of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are sure to break them down quickly. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Bad For You
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who like oily and fat-rich food items. It is a fact of information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less satisfying. With lipase, the body will have no problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to reduce the feeling of fullness when this enzyme is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase This set of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They focus on digesting the hard cell walls of plants and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is one of the important enzymes that are required to digest food. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme in the context of bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind vital minerals that are required by the body, such as iron and zinc. With Phytase the iron and zinc are released, and are easily taken in through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to improve your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium, and also the zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
Like most supplements in marketplace, it takes a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to consume 1 or 2 capsules before each meal.
However, this might not be feasible given that a bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may just last for only ten days.
A good sweet spot is to use 2 tablets per day and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule as well as still allowing your body to work without supplements. The amount of times you consume one capsule is really dependent on you.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If taken properly they will enable your body to have a simpler and quicker time of taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should be visible. This can include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign of something going on inside your body. However clear skin indicates a healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
In relation to this, a clear skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of issues underlying to digestive inflammation or other issues.
These disorders can be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported adverse effect. As such, it is safe to consume so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
But, as with any other food supplement when you are nursing or pregnant it is recommended to visit and check with your physician. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Bad For You
Another point to be aware of it is that the product has dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it would be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. Additionally, it is crucial to know that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping will be added to the cost list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than just one could save you lots of money and can even save a lot of shipping. By comparison shopping, the four bottle bundle for $74 is just as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for an extended period of time I suggest going all in on the 4-bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available online at their official website. As such it is important to access them only there. Buying the supplements from other places on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad variety of enzymes that can cover a broad range of foods.
- Can help alleviate moderate digestive issues such as indigestion symptoms of bloating or heartburn as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- Chances of providing you with clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children below 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- It is possible to take in the long-term to maintain effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can either go for a targeted supplement or choose an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for those who are looking to supplement their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-based method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good thing since the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. It’s not waste of time.
Upon getting my supplements, which mind you, only took 3 days to arrive, I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me as I opened the bottle. This was something I did not anticipate as I was used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not too small to make you doubt if you are receiving enough. Can Digestive Enzymes Be Bad For You
I’m on my third bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for 3 months to date (I opt taking two pills each day which seemed like the perfect amount for me.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
The effects were not overnight. I think it was about the third week, when I realized that my gut felt better, and my frequent trips to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
You can rest assured. I will continue taking supplements in the near future. Of course, that’s until I discover something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions Can Digestive Enzymes Be Bad For You
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Remember it is only available at their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
How long do I have to use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. In order to continue reaping the advantages, it is advised to use the supplement on a regular basis. The same way it is possible to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken as such.
Cutting, crushing, or altering supplements in any way shape or form is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women or children who are less than 18 years of age and those with allergies should consult with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.