The human body can endure for weeks without food, food is still an essential part of our lives. Food that you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or even dining in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat in order to sustain yourself. It’s food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and in turn, our whole body is concerned, food is more than food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive days without food and this is the truth. The body is able to survive on only water, however, that is a miserable life. There is not only the absence of taste the body would also have no food to take in. Best Foods For Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion Best Foods For Digestive Enzymes
When we eat food it is processed in in a manner that the nutrients become beneficial to our body. This is the process we are all familiar with as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system that starts with the mouth, and then ends in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It’s been taught in school since the 5th grade. However, do we really understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is another aspect that should really not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major actors when it comes to turning food from food into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is safe to say that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are mostly responsible for supplying the body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as to be the “powerhouse” in the human body as it provides the enzymes required to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already be aware of this however, there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down different types of food items. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These include:
- Amylase, which is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking specific enzymes, or their bodies do not have the capacity to release needed enzymes, they are experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency is not an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you experience long-lasting symptoms like these, it is recommended to visit your physician. However, for lighter symptoms, you can always supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. Best Foods For Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes aid in digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what’s already present inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support”, it is meant to be used often
However, this doesn’t mean that the product can be used to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. It is not a medicine and should not be taken as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to our bodies, best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. So supplements should be used whenever needed. Always consult your physician prior to taking any kind of supplement. Best Foods For Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes in Action: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of food items. If you have problems digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would give you the enzymes to digest the sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest different kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been identified as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions take place more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give credibility. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into nutrients and chemicals that your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplements got all their requirements provided. From the usual gluten proteins, starches, and dairy products, as well as fats, oils, grains and even sugar from table, it looks like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it is your normal practice to look on what the product is made up of. Be it probiotic, dietary or even digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be trusted.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients in the forefront. This can be found at the packaging of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard label of ingredients than what is listed in this list. For example, you can discover that one ingredient is a unit called HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason for this has much to do with what the ingredients that compose the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily comprised of enzymes.
To ensure the sake of transparency VItapost categorizes these enzymes in accordance with the type of food that they break down. For example, when the product talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be in the form of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the components are divided into the type of food they consume. They are classified into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most hardworking enzymes within the body since they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 – These enzymes are among the most crucial in proteolysis, which is the process of breaking down proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, specifically in the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia to treat soreness, burns, and pain of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that assists in breaking down protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from raw papatay fruit. In addition to breaking down proteins, papain may aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and often inactivating small proteins. Not only do they break proteins, but they are also important for modifying many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed, they combine to saliva within the mouth, which is the first step towards the digestion process. Following that, it travels through the stomach before it moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase which is the primary enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas, before it enters the small intestine. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase. It breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, it is also made within the mouth. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive upsets such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – This is an enzyme that mostly process lactose, a chemical found in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause a person to be lactose intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars in milk into two basic sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars present in oats and barley, where beta-glucans are the present within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is named after the inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the carbohydrate and protein enzymes Other enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items these enzymes are certain to aid in breaking them down easily. Best Foods For Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who like oily and fat-rich food items. It is a fact of to know that foods rich with oils and fats, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less appealing. With lipase, your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. It has also been proven to lessen the sensation of feeling full when it is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group are what breaks down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is one of the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. It is a crucial enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body, such as zinc and iron. Through Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released, and are easily taken in through the human body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals such as calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes and Use
Like many supplements available on the market, it requires the same dosage in order to receive the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules prior to every meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for only ten days.
A good sweet spot is to use 2 tablets each day Be sure to take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still giving your body the ability to work without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you use the capsule is entirely up to you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a more easy and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy the positive side effects of digestion will be evident. It could include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of the overall health of your body. Acne outbreaks can be a sign of something wrong inside your body. However, having clear skin means an overall healthy body. This means having a healthy and working digestive system.
As a result having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches, are results of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other disorders.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients when the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there has been no known adverse effect. So, it’s suitable to use in the case of following the recommended dosage.
However, like any other food supplement when you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby, it is advisable to check and visit your physician. Best Foods For Digestive Enzymes
Another thing to note is that the supplement has dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you are someone who have allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers packages of the products. It is also crucial to know that shipping is not free. The cost for shipping can be included in the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one can help you save lots of money and it even saves the cost of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be the same as purchasing three bottles and receiving one free.
If you are thinking you’ll use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over a long time I’d suggest buying the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. As such it is important to access them only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide variety of enzymes that can be used to treat a variety of food
- Can help alleviate minor digestive issues like constipation or heartburn as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients.
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- May help with the pain and fatigue
- May not be good for those with allergies since the ingredients contain allergens.
- Not suitable for lactating or pregnant females (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can opt for one that is targeted or you can choose an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people looking to supplement their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-based strategy of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just by looking at its ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and what it cannot. It’s not wasting your time.
Upon getting my supplements, which mind you, just took three days to reach me I was thrilled about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me when I opened the bottle. That was something I did not anticipate as I was used to having supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not big enough for anyone to be a struggle but not too small that one wonders if they are receiving enough. Best Foods For Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle right now and I’ve taken the supplement for three months so far (I choose 2 tablets each day, which seems like a good sweet spot for me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects weren’t instantaneous. I think it was about the third week that I noticed that my stomach was feeling better , and my frequent trips to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take supplements in the near future. Of course, this is unless I find something better, but for now I’m not sure.
Frequently Answered Questions Best Foods For Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay clear of scams and assure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
How long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the advantages, it is advised to take the supplement regularly. The same way you are able to stop taking the supplement whenever you’d like.
I’m not a fan of capsules, is there another way to consume the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and must be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting or altering the supplement in any way shape or form is not recommended.
Who shouldn’t be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years old and people who have allergies should check with their doctors before taking the supplement.