While the human body can endure for weeks without food, food is still vital to our own existence. Food that you like eating, comfort food, snacks or even eating in the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat for sustenance. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension, our whole body is worried, food is much more than food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body can survive weeks without eating and it is indeed true. The body can survive with water alone sustaining it, however, that isn’t a good idea. Not only would there be the absence of taste but your body would have nothing to digest. Are Digestive Enzymes Worth It
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion Are Digestive Enzymes Worth It
When we eat food the food is processed in such that the nutrients can be beneficial to our body. This is the process we all know as digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It has been taught in school since the 5th grade. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food gets digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that must not be overlooked in the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major actors when it comes to turning food from food into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life wouldn’t be exactly the same without enzymes. This is even in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
Three parts are mostly responsible for supplying the body with enzymes. These are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is regarded as an enzyme “powerhouse” of the body, as it is responsible for the enzymes that are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may know this however, there are many types of digestive enzymes that break down different types of food items. The pancreas alone, the engine that we discussed earlier is responsible for three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase, which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can cause an inability to eat and stomach irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing long-lasting symptoms like those, it’s recommended to visit your physician. For milder symptoms, you may supplement your digestive enzyme through supplements. Are Digestive Enzymes Worth It
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you are having difficulty digesting your food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what is already in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be taken often
But, it doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. This isn’t a medication and should not be used as such.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to you, but the best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. As such supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult with your doctor prior to using any type of supplement. Are Digestive Enzymes Worth It
Digestive Enzymes and Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and online stores in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain types of foods. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar These supplements can provide you with the specific enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. It is made up of numerous enzymes. This lets the supplement process different kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula for the supplement gives it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you can’t help to think that these digestive supplement has all its requirements covered. From the common gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils grains, and table sugar, it appears that it’s the ViaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your normal practice to look for what the supplements are made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients in the forefront. It’s on the label of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what can be found in this list. For instance, you could find that one of the ingredients is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason is a lot to do with the ingredients that make up the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the type of food that they breakdown. For example, when the product talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is comprised of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they digest. They are divided into three classes of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most active enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 – These two enzymes are among the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can be utilized to make new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as numerous other ailments.
- Papain is another enzyme that aids in the breakdown of proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down proteins, papain may also help neutralize toxic chemicals found in cheeses, meats, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that degrades gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase – They are enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and often inactivating small proteins. Not only do they destroy proteins, they are also important for modifying more proteins.
Like the name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix with saliva in the mouth, which is the first step towards the digestive process. After that, it passes to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase that is the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze it’s conversion from starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar purposes to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy food and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase can also be produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase helps to promote a smooth digestion as well as helping to avoid many digestive upsets such as heaviness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase enzyme mainly is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance that is present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley, in which beta-glucans exist in the microorganism cell walls.
- Invertase invertase Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance originates from breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose that are the previously named inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their function, other enzymes are also included in the formula of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to help break them down easily. Are Digestive Enzymes Worth It
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty food items. Afterall, it is common information that foods that are loaded in fats and oils, although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less appealing. But, with lipase the body should have no difficulty digesting the majority of them. It has also been proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that you consume in your diet. They are particularly involved in breaking down the difficult cell walls of plants and fibers found in these types of diet.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the essential enzymes needed for digestion. It is a crucial enzyme when we talk about bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind essential minerals required by the body such as iron and zinc. Through Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released and can be easily absorption through the human body. In addition, Phytase is also used to enhance the absorption of minerals such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
As with most supplements on marketplace, it requires an appropriate dosage to reap the best benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case it is suggested to take 1 or 2 capsules before each meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme has 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may be a bottle that lasts only ten days.
A good sweet spot is to take two tablets daily and make sure you consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. The amount of times you take each capsule is your choice.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. More than that may have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain good digestion. If properly taken they will enable your body to have an easier and faster process of absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve consumed.
With good and proper digestion Other positive effects will be evident. These include clear skin and less migraines, as well as body pains, and headaches.
The way your skin looks is an indicator of your body’s overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. In contrast, having clear skin means a healthy body. This is a good sign of a working digestive system.
As a result an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less suffering and fatigue. This is because the body pains, migraines, and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by an inflammation of the gut or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrition in the digestive system if it isn’t digesting and absorbing your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplements there has been no known adverse effect. So, it’s safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
As with any food supplement, if you are nursing or pregnant, it is advisable to check and visit your physician. Are Digestive Enzymes Worth It
Another point to be aware of is that the supplement is made up of dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. Therefore, if you have allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it might be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. It is also important to remember that shipping costs are not free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one can help you save lots of money and can even save lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 is the same as purchasing 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you think that you would use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over a long time I’d suggest getting the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their official website. As such it is important to access them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites online could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide selection of enzymes that be used to treat a variety of food items.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as constipation, heartburn, and stomach pain
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce discomfort and fatigue.
- It may not be suitable for those who suffer from allergies because the formula contains some allergens
- Not suitable for lactating and pregnant mothers (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years older (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- It is possible to take in the long-term to maintain effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two varieties. You can opt for an individual supplement or choose a supplement that has a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is especially good for people looking to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a wide range of food options.
The wide-ranging method of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident through its ingredient list. This is an excellent quality because the supplement is transparent about what it can offer and what it cannot. It isn’t waste of time.
Upon getting my supplements, which mind you, only took three days to reach me I was excited about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A good arome welcomed me when I opened the bottle. That was something I did not anticipate as I was used to having supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in size. They’re not too large for people to struggle and not so small that you question whether you’re receiving enough. Are Digestive Enzymes Worth It
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and I’ve taken the supplement for three months now (I prefer taking two pills per day, which seems like the perfect amount to me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive issues.
However, the results weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week, when I noticed that my stomach felt better, and my frequent trips to the toilet became more frequent than it was previously.
Don’t worry about it. I will continue taking supplements in the near future. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but so far I’m not sure.
Frequently asked questions Are Digestive Enzymes Worth It
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
You can buy them at the official website.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for the duration you like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a dietary supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein it is possible to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you wish.
I’m not a fan capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken as such.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying the supplement in any manner in shape or form is not recommended.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant, children under 18 years of age and those who suffer from allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.