The human body can endure for weeks without food but food remains a crucial piece of our own existence. It could be food you enjoy eating, ala comfort food, snacks or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food that you need to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food insofar as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs and by extension, our whole body is involved, food is more than food. It’s the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is the truth. The body can survive with water alone sustaining it but that is a miserable life. Not only is there a lack of taste, it also means that your body has no food to take in. All Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion All Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
When we eat food, it is processed in such in a manner that the nutrients become beneficial to our body. This is what we all know as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends in the anus.
We all know this. It has been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there’s another thing that shouldn’t be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main actors when it comes to making food and food products into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for almost all biological reactions inside and outside of our bodies.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be like it is without enzymes. This is even if life can even exist in the first place.
There are three parts that are mostly responsible for supplying our body with enzymes. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
Among these, the pancreas is considered the enzyme “powerhouse” of the body since it supplies the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may have an idea, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, and they all break down different kinds of food. The pancreas is the only powerhouse that we talked about is responsible for three types of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase which breaks down fats.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
The small intestine is also the source of some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymesor the body does not have the ability to release the required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
If someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to break down certain food items and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is a case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to digestive irritation and malnutrition. The symptoms of this can include:
- Belly pain or cramps
- Oily stools
- Weight loss that is not explained.
If you experience prolonged symptoms like these, it is advised to consult your doctor. For milder symptoms, it is possible to boost your digestive enzymes through supplements. All Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or you have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is an carefully selected blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food through a combination of carefully selected enzymes which address the deficiency or enhance the existing enzymes in the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid” It is designed to be taken often
However, this does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. This isn’t a medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be utilized as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for our bodies, best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by your body. As such supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before using any type of supplement. All Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
Digestive Enzymes at Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet all over is brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Certain supplements have specific enzymes that digest certain kinds of food. If you have problems digesting starch or sugar These supplements can give you the enzymes to digest the starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This lets the supplement process different kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, proteins, as well as other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been considered as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They accelerate the process of digestion of food, thus giving the body an easier time to digest food and take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help breakdown the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients lists, you can’t help to think that these digestive supplements got all their needs all covered. From the common gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as oils, fats, grains and even sugar from table, it looks that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it is the norm to verify on what the product is made up of. Be it dietary, probiotic or even digestive enzyme supplements Any supplement that doesn’t clearly show their ingredients should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not the same. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed their list of ingredients front and center. The list can be found on the packaging of the bottle.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the typical label of ingredients and the one that is listed in this list. For example, you can discover that one ingredient uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason for this has much to do with what the ingredients that comprise the product. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain mostly comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the type of food that they breakdown. For instance, if it talks of enzymes which break down carbohydrates, such as Amylase It will be in the form of DU.
Additionally, as the supplement is composed of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they consume. They are divided into three categories that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the active enzymes in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins consumed by the body and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are among the most essential in proteolysis,, which means breaking proteins into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is be found in pineapple juice and specifically at the pineapple stem. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of the muscles as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in the breaking down of the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that breaks down gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze food gluten into short peptides.
- Peptidase is also enzymes which are able to break down gluten. Peptidase is capable of cleaving and, often, inactivating small protein peptides. They not only break proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. When carbohydrates are consumed they mix to saliva within the mouth. This is the initial step in the digestion process. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then goes to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase, the main enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas prior to entering the smaller intestine. It assists in it’s conversion from starch into glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs the same function with amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase can be found in the pancreasand pancreas, the glucoamylase can also be produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – This enzyme process lactose, a chemical that is found in milk. A deficiency in lactase can cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar in milk into two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general terms it breaks down sugars present in oats and barley in which beta-glucans exist within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose which were previously named inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes additional enzymes are added to the formulation for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a wider range of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items, these other enzymes are guaranteed to aid in breaking them down easily. All Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who enjoy fatty and oily foods. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich with fats and oils while delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. But, with lipase the body should have no trouble digesting them all. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of fullness when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase The enzymes in this group are responsible for breaking down the plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in digesting the hard cell walls of plants and fibers found in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase is one of the many vital enzymes required to digest food. It is a crucial enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase, it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. With Phytase the zinc and iron are released and can be easily taken in into the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to improve the absorption of minerals like calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage, and Use
Like most supplements in available, it requires the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance, it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules prior to each meal.
However, this could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might only last one bottle for just ten days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take two tablets daily and make sure you take it during the heaviest meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule while still allowing your body to work without the need for supplements. However, the number of times you take one capsule is really up to you.
Six capsules is recommended to be the minimum. More than that may have adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main advantages are helping to maintain healthy digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow your body to have a simpler and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy, other positive effects should also appear. These include clear skin and less migraines, as well as headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance can tell you about the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign of something wrong inside your body. However clear skin indicates a healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
In relation to this an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system will also result in less discomfort and fatigue. This is due to the fact that migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by an inflammation of the gut or other disorders.
Such disorders may be caused due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
With VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported adverse effect. Therefore, it’s safe to take just so long as you adhere to the dosage guidelines.
However, like any food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to consult your doctor. All Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
Another thing to note to be aware of is the fact that this supplement is made up of dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. If you suffer from an allergy to any of these substances, then it may be better to choose an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also sells packages of the products. Also, it is crucial to know that shipping isn’t free. As such, shipping price will be added to the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
The purchase of several bottles rather than only one can help you save many dollars and even save you the cost of shipping. Simply by looking at and comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is just the same as purchasing three bottles and receiving one free.
If you think that you will use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for a long time I’d suggest going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on the official site. It is therefore essential to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites on the internet could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide selection of enzymes that cover a broad range of food
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like constipation and heartburn, as well as discomfort in the stomach
- It helps the body take in nutrients kmore
- High possibility of giving you clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- May not be good for those who suffer from allergies because the ingredients contain allergens.
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years of age (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two forms. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or you can choose one that is broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that focus on broad-spectrum supplements, such as VitaPost is particularly beneficial for those who are looking to boost their digestive health because they love eating a wide range of food options.
The broad-range method to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and not deliver. It isn’t wasting your time.
When I received my supplements, which, mind you, just took three days to arrive I was thrilled about starting my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. This was something I didn’t expect as I was so familiar with supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in size. They’re not too large to make people struggle, and not too small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. All Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
I’m on my 3rd bottle right now and I’ve taken the supplement for 3 months to date (I choose 2 tablets per day, which was the perfect amount in my case.) I’ve noticed a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
However, the results were not overnight. I think it was about the third week when I began to notice that my gut was feeling better and that my trips to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll continue to take supplements in the coming days. Of course, this is until I discover something better, but for now I doubt it.
Frequently Asked Questions All Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement at the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure legitimacy
Where can I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They can be purchased on the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it at their website. Shopping with other retailers such as eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
For how long should I use this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its advantages, it is advised to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein, you can take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, can there be an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form, and should be used as such.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying or altering the content in any way in shape or form is not advised.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women, children under 18 years old, and those with allergies should consult with their physician prior to taking the supplement.