While the human body can endure for weeks without food, food is still a crucial piece of our lives. Food that you love eating, such as snack foods, comfort food or eating at the most luxurious restaurant or food you have to eat to maintain your health. It’s food.
Food is food as far as our taste buds are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and, by extension, our whole body is worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body could go months without eating, and it is true. The body can survive with only water but that is a miserable life. There is not only a lack of taste, it also means that your body has no food to take in. 6 Digestive Processes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion 6 Digestive Processes
If we consume food the food is processed in a way that the nutrients can be useful to our bodies. This is what we call digestion. This process occurs within the digestive system which begins at the mouth and finishes with waste being deposited in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It’s been taught in school from the 5th grade onwards. But, do we actually know what happens inside the stomach? Are we able to understand how and why food gets digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there is one other thing that must not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in changing food items into nutrients. The enzymes are also responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is possible to say that life would not be the same as it is without enzymes. That is, in the event that life exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are mostly responsible for supplying your body with the enzymes it needs. These are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is regarded as to be the “powerhouse” of the body, as it is responsible for the enzymes needed to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may already be aware of this however, there are many kinds of digestive enzymes which break down various types of food items. The pancreas is the only powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These are:
- Amylase is a enzyme that helps break down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If your body is lacking certain enzymes, or if their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release necessary enzymes, they may be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to produce enough lactase to digest sugars found in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t something to take lightly. It could cause digestive irritation and malnutrition. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Oily stools
- Unexplained weight loss.
If you are experiencing persistent symptoms such as those, it’s advised to consult your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, it is possible to boost your digestive enzymes through supplements. 6 Digestive Processes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you are having difficulty digesting food or have a shortage of enzymes within your body. It is made from carefully selected combinations of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes that address the deficiency or enhance what is already within the stomach. As an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be taken often
But, it doesn’t mean this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just supplements. They are not medicine and should not be taken as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements can be beneficial to our bodies, best nutrients for digestion are the ones that are that are naturally produced by the body. As such, supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplements. 6 Digestive Processes
Digestive Enzymes at Work: What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting sugar or starch, these supplements would give you the enzymes needed to digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is distinct. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This allows the supplement to process various kinds of food. All in all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been regarded as catalysts since they make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the breakdown of food, thus giving the body an easier digestion time and the ability to absorb nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help break down the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
By looking at the ingredients list, it’s hard to think that these digestive supplements have all their requirements covered. From the common gluten proteins, starches, and dairy, to fats, oils grains, and sugar from table, it looks that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look on the ingredients that the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary or digestive enzymes, any kind of supplement that fails to clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly put the list of their ingredients front and center. This can be found at the packaging of the bottle.
You may notice the stark difference between the usual label of ingredients and the one that can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may find that one of the ingredients has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason for this has much to do with what ingredients make up the product. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise mostly comprised of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost labels these enzymes according to the type of food that they break down. For example, when it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking up carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, these ingredients are classified into the types of food they digest. They are divided into three classifications that include protein enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most efficient enzymes found in the body as they serve multiple roles in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found in VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2 These enzymes are among the most essential in the process of proteolysis which is the process of breaking down the protein into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can also be used as to create new protein products
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that is commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, and specifically at the root of the pineapple. Since the beginning, it has been utilized in Asia to treat pain, burns and soreness of the muscles as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – Another enzyme that aids in the breaking down of proteins into amino acids and Peptides. Papain is found only and extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain could also help neutralize toxic chemicals that are found in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that breaks down gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can extensively hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and often inactivating small protein peptides. They not only break proteins, they are also important for modifying many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. Once carbohydrates are consumed and absorbed, they are combined into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step towards the digestion process. Following that, it travels to the stomach and then moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase which is the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the smaller intestine. It helps in catalyzing the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that performs similar functions to amylase in that it is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Both amylase and glucoamylase are produced by the pancreas, glucoamylase is also produced within the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive disorders, such as heavyness or bloating, fatigue, gas, and loose stools.
- Lactase – This enzyme is responsible for the processing of lactose, which is a substance found in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugar that is present in milk into two basic sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process for creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose and glucose which were sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their work, other enzymes are also part of the recipe for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From plants-based diets to fat and oily food items these other enzymes are sure to break them down effortlessly. 6 Digestive Processes
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme especially to those who love oily and fatty foods. It is a fact of to know that foods rich with fats and oils even though delicious, are an irritant to your stomach. This makes the delicious food less satisfying. With lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to lessen the sensation of fullness when this enzyme is taken in conjunction with meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase and pectinase The enzymes in this group are responsible for breaking down the plants that you consume in your diet. They focus on digesting the hard to digest plant cell walls and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- Phytase is one of the essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when we talk about bone health. When phytase is activated it is able to break down a chemical called phytic acid. The acid can bind essential minerals required by the body like zinc and iron. When you use Phytase, these zinc and iron are released and easily taken in through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to increase your absorption and absorption rate of mineral like calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage and Use
Like many supplements available on available, it takes an appropriate dosage to reap maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might not be feasible given that a bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could be a bottle that lasts just ten days.
A good place to start is to use 2 tablets each day Be sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule while still giving your body the ability to work without supplements. That said, the amount of times you use each capsule is dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. More than that may cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to help in good digestion. If used correctly they will enable the body to have an easier and faster process of absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
If you have a healthy and balanced digestion Other positive effects will be visible. This can include clear skin more relaxed, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of the overall health of your body. The appearance of acne can be a sign of something that is not right with your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means a healthy body. This includes having a well working digestive system.
To this end an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser suffering and fatigue. This is because headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of the underlying issue caused by an inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
The cause of these disorders could be due to a deficiency of nutrients when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing your diet very well.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements,, there have been no reported adverse effect. As such, it is safe to take just so long as you adhere to the recommended dosage.
However, like any other food supplement, if you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to check and visit your doctor. 6 Digestive Processes
Another thing to note is that the supplement contains dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause allergic reactions for some people. If you suffer from allergic reactions to the ingredients listed above, it may be better to find another alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers the product in bundles. It is also crucial to know that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping can be included in the cost list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one can help you save many dollars and it even saves lots of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4-bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying three bottles and receiving one free.
If you believe that you will use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over an extended period of time I suggest going all in on the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on their website. Therefore, it is essential to access them only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites on the internet might be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescriptions are required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of foods.
- It can help ease moderate digestive issues such as constipation or heartburn as well as stomach discomfort.
- It helps the body take in nutrients more effectively.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- It can help reduce discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for people with allergies as the ingredients contain allergens.
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating females (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children below 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only online and on the official website.
- There is no daily consumption
- It is possible to take in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two varieties. You can opt for one that is targeted or choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that offer a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to improve their digestion since they are accustomed to eating a broad range of food options.
The broad-range approach to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is apparent through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t wasting your time.
Upon getting the bottles that,, mind you, only took three days to reach me, I was excited about the prospect of starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me upon opening the bottle. This was something I didn’t think of as I was used to having supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They are not too big for anyone to be a struggle but not too small that one wonders if they are taking enough. 6 Digestive Processes
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and I’ve taken the supplement for 3 months to date (I prefer taking two pills each day, which was a good sweet spot in my case.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. It was around the third week when I began to notice that my stomach was feeling better and that my time going to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I will continue taking these supplements into the near future. Of course, that is unless I find something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently Answered Questions 6 Digestive Processes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Naturally, you must purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to stay away from scams and to ensure credibility
Where should I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Remember it is only available on their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon may net you fake items.
How long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is suggested to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein it is possible to stop taking the supplement whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and should be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting or altering supplements in any manner in shape or form is not recommended.
Who is not safe to take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women or children who are less than 18 years old and people who have allergies should check with their physician prior to taking the supplement.