Although the human body is able to endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is vital to our own existence. It could be food you like eating, snack foods, comfort food or eating at a high end restaurant, or food that you require to eat in order to sustain yourself. Food is food.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, if the stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are concerned, food is more than just food. It is the battery that keeps our body functioning optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body can survive weeks without eating and it is true. The body can live with water alone sustaining it, however, that is a miserable life. Not only is there a lack of taste, the body would also have no food to digest. 5 Functions Of Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Digestion and Enzymes 5 Functions Of Digestive Enzymes
If we consume food it is processed in such that the nutrients are useful to the body. This process is what we all know as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends up as waste in the anus.
Of course, we all know this. It has been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really know what happens inside the stomach? Do we really know how and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there is another thing that should really not be left out of the subject. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside of our bodies.
It is possible to say that life would not be exactly the same without enzymes. And that is the case if life even exists in the first place.
There are three parts that are the most responsible for providing our body with enzymes. They are the stomach small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is considered to be the “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes needed to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You may already know this, but there are many types of digestive enzymes and they all break down different types of food items. The pancreas is the only central organ that we have discussed produces three kinds of the most important digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase, which breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. Also produced in the mouth
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also makes some major enzymes which include:
- Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks specific enzymes, or the body does not have the ability to release the required enzymes, they could be being affected by a disease known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme insufficiency, they lack the ability to digest certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot produce enough lactase to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t a condition to be taken lightly. It can lead to an inability to eat and stomach irritation. Signs of it include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stools that are oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
Whenever you feel persistent symptoms such as these, it would be recommended to visit your physician. For milder symptoms, it is possible to supplement your digestive enzyme with supplements. 5 Functions Of Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a dietary supplement that can help you if you have problems digesting your food or you are lacking some enzymes within your body. It is made up of carefully selected combinations of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food by combining a blend of carefully selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what is already inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” It is designed to be taken regularly
However, this does not mean that it can’t be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. This isn’t a medicine that should never be taken as such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial for our bodies, best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. As such supplements should only be utilized when absolutely necessary. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplements. 5 Functions Of Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes and Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
Let’s face it, online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive supplements for digestion. Certain supplements have specific enzymes for digesting specific kinds of food items. If you’re having trouble digesting sugar or starch These supplements can give you the enzymes needed to digest sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. It is made up of many enzymes. This lets the supplement process multiple types of foods. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that assist in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts, since they allow chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They accelerate the process of breaking down food, thereby making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula of the supplement give the supplement a feeling of credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is made up of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help to break down your body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you can’t help to think that these digestive supplements have all their bases covered. From the common gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it seems that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When you’re looking to purchase supplements, it is your normal practice to look for what the supplements are made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that doesn’t clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. For their part, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients on display. It’s on the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find that there’s a noticeable distinction between the standard ingredient list and what can be found on this products list. For instance, you may discover that one of the ingredients uses the unit HUT or DU instead of the standard grams or kg.
The reason for this has something to do what ingredients compose the product. The name of the product suggests that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes according to the kind of food they are breaking down. For instance, if it talks about the enzymes responsible for breaking down carbohydrates, like Amylase, it will be in the unit of DU.
Furthermore, since the supplement is made up of enzymes, the ingredients are divided into the type of food they consume. They are divided into three categories consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are among the most hardworking enzymes in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. They are responsible for breaking down proteins that are consumed by the body and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise: Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These two enzymes are among the most essential when it comes to proteolysis, which means breaking proteins into amino acids. Furthermore, these two can also be used as to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in pineapple juice particularly at the stem of the pineapple. For a long time, it’s been used in Asia as a cure for soreness, burns, and pain of muscles, as well as various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that aids in breaking down the proteins to amino acids, and Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruits. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in meats, cheeses, and nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. Aspergillopepsin is not like mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze food gluten into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes that are able to break down gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized protein peptides. They not only break proteins, but they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates and absorbed, they are combined to saliva within the mouth which is the first step towards the process of digestion. Then, it goes to the stomach and then is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase that is the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase, in that it breaks down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made by the pancreas, it is also made in the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness as well as helping to avoid many digestive disorders, such as heavyness, lethargy, bloating, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – This enzyme mainly processes lactose, a substance that is present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase is a enzyme that breaks down sugar present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose as well as glucose.
- Beta-glucanase is an enzyme that causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down sugars in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase Invertase Invertase is the name given to it by the inverted sugar syrup. The process that creates the substance is due to invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
To support the protein and carbohydrate enzymes additional enzymes are added to the formulation for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to aid in digestion and breaking down a greater variety of food types. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are guaranteed to help break them down easily. 5 Functions Of Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme, especially for those who like oily and fat-rich foods. It is a fact of to know that foods rich with fats and oils although delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This makes the delicious food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. Lipase has also shown to reduce the feeling of feeling full when it is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase This set of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. Particularly, they work on digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and the plant fibers that are present in these kinds of diets.
- Phytase – This is among the essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme in the context of bone health. In the case of phytase it breaks down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to important minerals needed by the body like zinc and iron. When you use Phytase the iron and zinc are released and can be easily absorption through the human body. Apart from that, Phytase is also used to enhance your absorption and absorption rate of mineral such as calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestion Enzymes Dosage and Utilization
Like many supplements available on the market, it needs a consistent dosage to get maximum benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this situation, it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules before every meal.
But, it could not be feasible given that a bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may only last one bottle for just ten days.
A good sweet spot is to use two tablets daily, making sure to take it during the heaviest meals. Doing so maximizes your usage of the capsule as well as still allowing your body to work without any supplements. The amount of times you consume the capsule is entirely your choice.
But, six capsules should be the minimum. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in the healthy digestion. If used correctly the supplements will allow the body to have a simpler and faster time in taking in nutrients from foods you’ve consumed.
When digestion is good and healthy Other positive effects will also appear. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks can tell you about your body’s overall health. The appearance of acne can be a sign that something is wrong inside your body. However the clear complexion indicates a healthy body. This includes having a well operating digestive system.
To this end having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system will also result in less fatigue and pain. This is because migraines, body pains, and headaches are the result of underlying issues from digestive inflammation or other conditions.
Such disorders may be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system isn’t digesting and absorbing the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements, there has been no known adverse effect. As such, it is safe to consume in the case of following the dosage guidelines.
However, like any food supplement when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant it is recommended to visit and check with your physician. 5 Functions Of Digestive Enzymes
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement contains dairy, soy, and wheat, which may cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you suffer from allergies to these ingredients, it would be better to choose an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. Additionally, it is important to remember that shipping isn’t free. Therefore, the cost of shipping will be added to the price list.
- 1 bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 + $4.95 Shipping
- 4 bottles: $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
A purchase of multiple bottles instead of only one can help you save lots of money and can even save a lot of shipping. By comparison shopping, the 4 bottle bundle for $74 is as buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you are thinking you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme over a long time I suggest getting the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on the official site. As such it is important to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other places on the internet could be fraudulent.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription is required
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula has a wide range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food items.
- Helps ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.
- Aids the body to absorb nutrition.
- The high probability of giving you clear skin
- May help with fatigue and pain
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula contains some allergens
- It is not recommended for lactating and pregnant mothers (check with your doctor)
- May not be suitable for children younger than 18 years old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and only on the official website.
- There is no daily consumption
- May need to be taken long term for continuous effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements usually come in two types. You can choose to go with an individual supplement or choose one that is broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that focus on a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people who want to supplement their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a diverse food palette.
The broad-range approach to VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident by looking at its ingredients list. This is a good thing since the supplement is transparent about the benefits it offers and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t making you wait.
When I received the bottles that, mind you, just took three days to reach me, I was excited about launching my digestive supplementation regimen.
A good arome welcomed me upon opening the bottle. It was something I didn’t expect as I was so used to supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in size. They’re not big enough to make people struggle, and not too small to make you question whether you’re taking enough. 5 Functions Of Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and have taken the supplement for three months now (I choose to take two tablets per day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot to me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movements and less digestive problems.
Mind you, the effects weren’t instantaneous. I believe it was about the third week that I began to notice that my gut was feeling better , and my time going to the toilet became more regular rather than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll be taking this supplement in the future. Of course, this is unless I find something superior, but at this point I doubt it.
Frequently Answered Questions 5 Functions Of Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement on the official website in order to stay away from scams and to ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available through their website. Shopping at other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
How long do I have to use this digestive supplement?
The supplement VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to take the supplement regularly. In the same vein, you can discontinue taking the supplement at any time you want.
I’m not a fan of taking capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are only sold in capsules and must be taken as such.
Crushing, cutting or altering or altering the content in any manner shape or form is not advised.
Who shouldn’t take VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women or children who are less than 18 years old and those with allergies should consult with their doctors before taking the supplement.