While the human body can go for weeks without eating, food is still a crucial piece of our lives. Food that you love eating, such as snack foods, comfort food or even eating in an expensive restaurant or food that you need to eat to maintain your health. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food so far as our taste buds are concerned. However, if our stomachs and by extension the entire body are worried, food is much more than food. It’s the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body is able to go for days without food and this is the truth. The body is able to survive on water alone sustaining it but that is a miserable life. Not only is there the absence of taste but your body would have nothing to take in. 4 Characteristics Of Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Enzymes and Digestion 4 Characteristics Of Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food the food is processed in that the nutrients can be useful to the body. This process is what we call digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
We are all aware of this. This has been taught in the school from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really know what happens inside our stomach? Do we know the process and why food gets digested?
If we are talking about digestion, there is one other thing that should really not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the main actors when it comes to turning food from food into nutrients. They also play a role in almost all biological reactions inside and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be like it is without enzymes. And that is if life can even exist in the first place.
Three parts are responsible for providing the body with enzymes. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
In this regard, the pancreas is known as to be the “powerhouse” of the body as it provides the enzymes that are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You might already be aware of this, but there are many kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down different kinds of food items. The pancreas alone, the powerhouse that we talked about produces three kinds of main digestive enzymes. They are:
- Amylase which breaks down complex carbohydrates. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase, which breaks down fats.
- Protease breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
If the body is deficient in certain enzymesor their bodies aren’t equipped with the capacity to release the required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem known as digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies is unable to digest certain foods and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such case wherein the body cannot create enough lactase for digestion of the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It could cause malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Cramps or pain in the belly
- Stomach oily
- Unproved weight loss.
Whenever you feel long-lasting symptoms like these, it would be recommended to visit your doctor. However, for lighter symptoms, you may enhance your digestive enzymes through supplements. 4 Characteristics Of Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting your food or have a shortage of enzymes in your body. It is made up of an carefully selected blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with food digestion through a formulation of specially selected enzymes that target the problem or increase what’s already present in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be used regularly
However, this does not mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just an ingredient. They are not medicine and should not be utilized as an such.
Although digestive enzymes are helpful to you, but the most effective substances for digestion are those naturally produced by the body. As such, supplements should only be used whenever needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to taking any kind of supplement. 4 Characteristics Of Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes in Action What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Function
There’s no doubt that online retailers and the internet in general is littered with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes that digest certain types of foods. If you are having difficulty digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
But, Vitapost Digestive Supplements is distinct. It is made up of dozens of enzymes. This lets the supplement process various kinds of food. Overall, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of protein, carbohydrates, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes have also been regarded as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, thereby giving the body an easier time to digest food and absorb nutrients.
The ingredients in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it digestive enzymes which help break down the body into the chemicals and nutrients that your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient lists, you can’t help but assume that this digestive supplement has all its bases provided. From the usual gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, as well as fats, oils, grains and even sugar from table, it looks like this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is available to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be your standard procedure to check on what the supplement is made of. It could be probiotics, dietary, or even digestive enzymes or any other type of supplement that doesn’t clearly reveal the ingredients it contains should not be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. In their case, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly placed the list of their ingredients in the forefront. This can be found at the packaging of the bottle.
But, you may find the stark difference between the usual ingredient list and what can be found on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may discover that one of the ingredients has the unit of DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kg.
The reason for this has a lot to do with what ingredients compose the product contain. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes comprise primarily composed of enzymes.
For the sake of transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes depending on the type of food that they are breaking down. For example, when the product talks about enzymes that break down carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is made up of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they eat. They are classified into three categories consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate enzymes, and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most active enzymes in the human body because they perform multiple functions in the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes that are found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes comprise Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Proteases 1 and 2 – These enzymes are among the most essential in proteolysis, that is the procedure of breaking protein into amino acids. Additionally, they can also be used as to develop new protein products.
- Bromelain – This is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in pineapple juice specifically in the pineapple stem. For years, it has been used in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of the muscle along with various other ailments.
- Papain – A different enzyme that helps in the breaking down of protein into amino acids as well as peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from raw papatay fruit. Apart from breaking down protein, papain can aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats, and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – Another enzyme that degrades gluten. Unlike mammalian pepsin, aspergillopepsin can extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that reduce gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, often, inactivating small protein peptides. Not only do they break proteins, they can also be used to modify many proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which concentrate on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine with saliva in the mouth which is the initial step in the digestion process. After that, it passes into the stomach, and later moves to the small intestine
- Amylase – When you eat food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it’s amylase, the primary enzyme responsible for digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas prior to entering into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that has similar purposes to amylase. It breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. While both amylase and glucoamylase can be found by the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced by the oral cavity. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness, while helping deter many digestive issues, including heaviness or bloating, fatigue gas, loose stools.
- Lactase – This enzyme process lactose, a chemical present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars in milk into two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme is responsible for the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general, it breaks down the sugars present in oats and barley, where beta-glucans can be found within the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase – Invertase gets its name from inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating the substance is due to invertase breaking sucrose down into fructose and glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work additional enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were specifically added to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From the plant-based diet to fatty and oily foods, these enzymes are certain to break them down easily. 4 Characteristics Of Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase A lipase enzyme is a vital enzyme, especially for those who enjoy fatty and oily food items. Afterall, it is common knowledge that food items rich with fats and oils although delicious, can be very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less enjoyable. But, with lipase your body will not have a difficulty digesting the majority of them. It has also been proven to decrease the sensation of feeling full when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase, pectinase – This group of enzymes are what breaks down plant matter that are consumed in your daily diet. They are particularly involved in digestion of the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and plant fibers present in these kinds of food.
- The Phytase enzyme is one of the many essential enzymes needed to digest food. It is a crucial enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. Phytic acid can bind to vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. With Phytase it is possible for these zinc and iron are released, and are easily absorption by the body. Aside from that, Phytase is also used to increase mineral absorption such as calcium, and also the iron and zinc.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Use
Like most supplements in marketplace, it takes the same dosage in order to receive maximum benefits out of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance, it is recommended to take 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. Following the recommended dosage might be a bottle that lasts just ten days.
A good sweet spot is to use two tablets daily, making sure to use it in the middle of your most heavy meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still permitting your body to function without any supplements. The amount of times you take each capsule is your choice.
But, six capsules should be your maximum. Any more than that might cause adverse effects.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Since it is a digestive supplement, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in good digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have a simpler and faster time in absorption of nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion, other positive effects should also appear. This can include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of the overall health of your body. Acne-related breakouts could be a sign that something is going on inside your body. However, having clear skin means that your body is healthy. This means having a healthy and working digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and a healthy digestive system also means lesser fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches are the result of the underlying issue caused by digestive inflammation or other issues.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it isn’t absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
For VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there has been no known negative side effects. Therefore, it’s suitable to use as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
As with any food supplement when you are nursing a baby or are pregnant, it is advisable to consult your physician. 4 Characteristics Of Digestive Enzymes
A second thing to consider to be aware of is the fact that this supplement is made up of dairy, soy, as well as wheat, which can cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you are someone who have an allergy to any of these substances, then it may be better to look for an alternative to the product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that contain 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers the product in bundles. Also, it is crucial to know that shipping isn’t free. As such, shipping price is added onto the price list.
- 1 Bottle: $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- Three Bottles $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 + $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and can even save the cost of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the 4 bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you are thinking you’ll use the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for a long time I suggest going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. Therefore, it is essential to access them only there. The purchase of supplements from other sites online could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made from natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can cover a broad range of food items.
- Helps ease moderate digestive issues such as constipation, heartburn, and discomfort in the stomach
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- Can help ease discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for people with allergies as the formula contains some allergens
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- May not be suitable for children under 18 years old. old (check with your doctor)
- Only available online and on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- May need to be taken long term for continuous effects.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two forms. You can either go for a targeted supplement or choose a supplement that has a broad spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter type.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is particularly beneficial for people looking to improve their digestion because they love eating a diverse foods.
The wide-ranging method that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just the ingredients list. This is an excellent thing since the supplement is honest on what it can deliver and not deliver. They are simply not wasting your time.
When I received the bottles that, mind you, just took three days to reach me I was excited about starting my digestive supplementation regimen.
A pleasant aroma welcomed me upon opening the bottle. This was something I did not think of as I was familiar with supplements that smelled too “medicinal”. The pills also are ideal in terms of size. They’re not too large to make people struggle, and not too small to make you doubt if you are taking enough. 4 Characteristics Of Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my 3rd bottle now and I’ve been taking the supplement for three months so far (I opt taking two pills per day which seemed like a good sweet spot for me.) and I have experienced a more regular bowel movement and less digestive problems.
The effects were not immediate. I believe it was about the third week, when I began to notice that my gut felt better, and my frequent trips to the toilet became more regular than irregular.
Don’t worry about it. I’ll be taking this supplement in the near future. Of course, that’s unless I find something better, but so far I’m not convinced.
Frequently asked questions 4 Characteristics Of Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
These are, in fact, legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to buy VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure its legitimacy?
They are available for purchase on the official site.
Be aware that it’s only available at their website. Buying from other online retailers like eBay and Amazon could result in fake items.
How long should I use this digestive supplement?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for all the time you’d like.
Vitaminapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a diet supplement. To keep enjoying the benefits, it is recommended to use the supplement on a regular basis. In the same vein you are able to take the supplement off whenever you wish.
I’m not a fan capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and should be taken in capsule form only.
Cutting, crushing, or modifying supplements in any manner in shape or form is not advised.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Lactating and pregnant women, children under 18 years old, and those who suffer from allergies should consult their doctor prior to taking the supplement.