Although the human body is able to survive weeks without eating, food is still a crucial piece of our lives. Food that you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or even eating in a high end restaurant, or food that you require to eat in order to sustain yourself. The food you eat is the main ingredient in your diet.
Food is food as far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are worried, food is much more than just food. It is the battery that helps keep our body operating optimally.
I mentioned earlier that the body could go weeks without eating and it is indeed true. The body is able to survive on water as the sole source of nourishment but that would be a miserable existence. Not only would there be the absence of taste it also means that your body has nothing to take in. 21 Quad What Is The Function Of Digestive Enzymes
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes, you may still want to check out our article below.
Enzymes and Digestion 21 Quad What Is The Function Of Digestive Enzymes
When we take in food, it is processed in such that the nutrients become useful to our bodies. This process is what we are all familiar with as digestion. The process of digestion occurs in the digestive system which begins from the mouth and ends in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It has been taught in school since 5th grade. However, do we truly understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
Well, whenever we talk about digestion, there’s another thing that should really not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major agents in making food and food products into nutrients. Enzymes too are responsible for nearly all biological reactions inside and outside the body.
It is possible to say that life isn’t exactly the same without enzymes. That is, in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
There are three parts that are responsible for providing the body with enzymes. They are the stomach, the small intestine, and the pancreas.
The pancreas is considered an enzyme “powerhouse” for the entire body since it supplies the enzymes needed to break down carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
You might already know this that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes, that break down different types of food. The pancreas alone, the engine that we discussed earlier produces three kinds of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. These include:
- Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex carbohydrates. Amylase breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces certain major enzymes that include:
- Lactase which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase, which breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if their bodies do not have the capacity to release required enzymes, they could be experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone suffers from digestive enzyme deficiencies, they lack the ability to break down certain food items and absorb certain nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such situation where the body is unable to create enough lactase for digestion of the sugars in dairy and milk products.
Digestive Enzyme Insufficiency (DEI) isn’t something to take lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stomach oily
- Unexplained weight loss.
Whenever you feel long-lasting symptoms like these, it is best to go visit your doctor. If you experience mild symptoms, it is possible to boost your digestive enzymes through supplements. 21 Quad What Is The Function Of Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help you if you have problems digesting your food or are deficient in certain enzymes in your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes that can help improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes help with food digestion through a formulation of carefully selected enzymes which target the problem or increase what’s already present in the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive aid”, it is meant to be utilized regularly
However, this doesn’t mean that this product isn’t able to treat or prevent illness or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. This isn’t a medicine and should not be used as the same.
While digestive enzyme supplements are beneficial to our bodies, most effective nutrients for digestion are the ones that are naturally produced by the body. As such, supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult with your doctor prior to using any type of supplement. 21 Quad What Is The Function Of Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzymes and Work What are they doing? VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Work
It’s true that the internet and online stores all over is brimming with digestive supplements for digestion. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes to digest specific kinds of food. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar These supplements can give you the enzymes that digest sugar or starch.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is different. Its formula is made of dozens of enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that aid in digestion of carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are also been identified as catalysts since they make chemical reactions happen more quickly. They speed up the process of breaking down food, thereby providing the body with a quicker digestion time and the ability to take in the nutrients.
The ingredients included in the formula for the supplement gives credibility. Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is composed of, you guessed it, digestive enzymes that help break down the body into chemicals and nutrients which your body needs.
If you take a look at the ingredients lists, you cannot help but assume that this digestive supplement has all its needs provided. From gluten, protein, starches and dairy products, to fats, oils, grains and even table sugar, it seems that the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is ready to help you digest.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
If you are looking to purchase supplements, it should be your normal practice to look on what the supplements are made of. Be it probiotic, dietary or even digestive enzyme supplements, any kind of supplement that does not transparently show their ingredients should not be believed to be reliable.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not similar to that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have the list of their ingredients front and center. It’s on the packaging of the bottle.
However, you might notice that there is a glaring difference between the usual ingredient list and what is listed on this list of ingredients. For instance, you may discover that one ingredient uses the unit DU or HUT instead of the usual grams or kilograms.
The reason is much to do with the ingredients that comprise the product contain. As its name suggests, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes contain primarily composed of enzymes.
To ensure transparent, VItapost categorizes these enzymes in accordance with the kind of food they break down. For instance, if the product talks of enzymes which break up carbohydrates, like Amylase the name will appear in the form of DU.
In addition, because the supplement is composed of enzymes, the ingredients are classified into the types of food they digest. They are divided into three categories of protein enzymes, carbohydrate enzymes and various other beneficial enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most hardworking enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and then converting them into amino acids.
The protein enzymes found inside VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include: Protease 1 and 2, Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. – These two enzymes are among the most essential in the process of proteolysis, which means breaking the protein into amino acids. Furthermore, these two are also used to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is commonly found in pineapple juice, and specifically at the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for burning, pain and soreness of muscles, as well as many other conditions.
- Papain – Another enzyme that assists in breaking down proteins into amino acids and peptides. Papain is a specific enzyme that can be extracted from the raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain could aid in neutralizing harmful chemicals in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin is another enzyme that degrades gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin is able to extensively hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase – These are also enzymes which reduce gluten. Peptidase are capable of cleaving and, more often, inactivating small-sized proteins. Not only do they break proteins, they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
As the name suggests, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes that mainly focus on the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates they mix with saliva in the mouth. This is the first step towards the digestion process. After that, it passes into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume the starchy food like rice or potatoes, it’s amylase, the main enzyme responsible for their digestion. Amylase is produced naturally by the pancreas before entering into the small intestinal tract. There it assists catalyze the conversion of starch to glucose syrups
- The Glucoamylase is an enzyme that performs similar functions to amylase, in that it is able to break down starchy foods and turns them to glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are made in the pancreas, glucoamylase can also be produced in the mouth. Glucoamylase also encourages smooth digestion and helps to prevent digestive issues, including heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, loose stools.
- Lactase is an enzyme that mainly processes lactose, a substance that is present in milk. Inadequate lactase levels could cause someone to become lactose-intolerant. Lactase breaks down the sugars that is present in milk into two basic sugars: glucose and galactose.
- Beta-glucanase – The enzyme beta-glucanase results in the hydrolysis of beta-glucans. In general, it breaks down the sugars in barley and oats, in which beta-glucans exist in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is the name given to it by inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance comes from invertase breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose, which are the earlier referred to as inverted sugar syrup.
In order to aid the protein and carbohydrate enzymes in their work Other enzymes are part of the recipe of Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes were added to help digest and break down a greater variety of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily foods, these other enzymes are guaranteed to break them down effortlessly. 21 Quad What Is The Function Of Digestive Enzymes
- Lipase – Lipase is an essential enzyme that is especially beneficial to people who enjoy fatty and oily foods. It is a fact of knowledge that food items rich with oils and fats, even though delicious, are very difficult to digest for your stomach. This makes the highly enjoyable food less appealing. With lipase, the body should have no problem digesting most of them. It is also proven to reduce the feeling of being fuller when the enzyme is consumed along with the meals.
- Cellulase Hemicellulase, xylanase The enzymes in this group are what breaks down plants that you consume in your daily diet. They focus on digestion of the difficult cell walls of plants and plant fibers present in these types of diet.
- Phytase is one of the essential enzymes needed to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when it comes to bone health. When it comes to phytase it is able to break down a chemical known as phytic acid. It can bind essential minerals required by the body such as iron and zinc. When you use Phytase the zinc and iron are released, and are easily taken in into the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to improve your absorption and absorption rate of mineral, such as calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Dosage, and Utilization
As with most supplements on marketplace, it needs the same dosage in order to receive the best benefits from VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this case, it is recommended to take one or two capsules before each meal.
However, this might be unpractical since one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme contains 60 capsules. If you follow the recommended dosage, it could just last for just 10 days.
The ideal sweet spot is to take 2 tablets per day, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. This will maximize the use of the capsule as well as still permitting your body to function without supplements. That said, the amount of times you use one capsule is really dependent on you.
Six capsules is recommended to be your limit. Any more than that might result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
As a digestive aid, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in healthy digestion. If taken properly they will enable the body to have a simpler and faster time in absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
With good and proper digestion the positive side effects of digestion will be evident. It could include clear skin and less migraines, as well as headaches, and body pains.
Your skin’s appearance is a tell of your body’s overall health. Acne outbreaks can be an indication of something that is not right with your body. However the clear complexion indicates that your body is healthy. This means having a healthy and functioning digestive system.
In relation to this having a healthy skin and healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of the underlying issue caused by inflammation of the gut or other conditions.
These disorders can be caused by a lack of nutrition when the digestive system is not absorbing and digesting your food properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes supplements, there have been no reported side effect. As such, it is suitable to use as long as you follow the recommended dosage.
However, like all food supplements that you take, if you’re nursing a baby or are pregnant it is advised to visit and check with your physician. 21 Quad What Is The Function Of Digestive Enzymes
Another thing to note it is that the product is made up of soy, dairy, and wheat, which could cause some people to develop allergies. As such, if you are someone who have an allergy to any of these substances, then it might be better to look for an alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles that have 60 capsules inside each bottle. VitaPost also offers this product as bundles. It is also important to remember that shipping costs are not free. As such, shipping price will be added to the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
- 2 Bottles: $44.80 + $4.95 Shipping
- 3 Bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 4 Bottles: $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and it even saves a lot of shipping. By comparing the price, buying the 4-bottle bundle for $74 is just like buying 3 bottles and getting one free.
If you think that you would use this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme for an extended period of time I’d suggest going all in on the four bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only available on the official site. Therefore, it is essential to get them there and only there. If you purchase the supplements from other sites on the internet could be a scam.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula provides a broad range of enzymes which can cover a wide range of foods.
- Can help alleviate mild digestive problems like the symptoms of bloating and indigestion and heartburn, as well as stomach discomfort.
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- High possibility of providing you with clear skin
- It can help reduce discomfort and fatigue.
- This may not be suitable for those with allergies since the formula is laced with allergens.
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers (check with your physician)
- It is not recommended for children below 18 years old (check with your physician)
- Only available online and only on the official website
- Lacks a daily consumer intake
- Might be necessary to consider taking long term for continuous consequences.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive Enzyme supplements are typically available in two forms. You can either go for a targeted supplement or select a supplement that has a broad-spectrum. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter kind.
Supplements that go for a broad-spectrum, like VitaPost is especially good for people who want to boost their digestive health since they are accustomed to eating a broad range of food palette.
The wide-ranging strategy of VitaPost Digestive Enzyme is evident the ingredients list. This is a great thing as the supplement is truthful about what it can offer and what it cannot. It’s not wasting your time.
After receiving my supplements, which mind you, only took three days to arrive I was excited about starting my diet supplementation routine for digestion.
A good arome welcomed me as I opened the bottle. That was something I didn’t anticipate as I was used to supplements that smell too “medicinal”. The pills too are perfect in terms of size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not too small to make you doubt if you are taking enough. 21 Quad What Is The Function Of Digestive Enzymes
I’m on my third bottle at the moment and I’ve taken the supplement for three months to date (I choose taking two pills per day, which seems like an ideal sweet spot to me.) and I have experienced a more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
However, the results were not overnight. It was around the third week that I began to notice that my gut felt better, and my time going to the toilet become more regular rather than irregular.
You can rest assured. I’ll be taking supplements in the near future. Of course, that is until I discover something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions 21 Quad What Is The Function Of Digestive Enzymes
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, you should purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to avoid scams and ensure the authenticity of the product.
Where can I buy my VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure the authenticity of the company?
They are available for purchase on the official website.
Remember it is only available on their website. Shopping at other online retailers like eBay and Amazon might result in counterfeit items.
How long should I consume this supplement for my digestive health?
You can take the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. In order to continue reaping the benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. Similar to that you are able to discontinue taking the supplement at any time you’d like.
I don’t like capsules, is there an alternative method to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes can only be purchased in capsules and must be used as such.
Crushing, cutting or modifying supplements in any way form or shape is not advised.
Who should not be taking VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Pregnant and lactating women and children younger than 18 years old, and those with allergies should check with their doctor prior to taking the supplement.