The human body can endure for weeks without food and still be healthy, food is a crucial piece of our lives. Food that you enjoy eating, ala snack foods, comfort food or even dining in a high end restaurant, or food you have to eat in order to sustain yourself. It’s food.
Food is food so far as our tastes are concerned. But, when it comes to our stomachs, and, by extension the entire body are involved, food is more than just food. It is the battery that allows our body to function optimally.
I have mentioned before that the body could go days without food and this is indeed true. The body can live with only water, however, that would be a miserable existence. There is not only the absence of taste it also means that your body has no food to take in. 10 Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review by ReviewsMS’ YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Digestive Enzymes.
Digestion and Enzymes 10 Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
If we consume food, it is processed in such a way that the nutrients become useful to our bodies. This is the process we are all familiar with as digestion. This digestion happens in the digestive system, which starts with the mouth, and then ends with waste being deposited in the anus.
We are all aware of this. It has been taught in schools from the 5th grade onwards. However, do we really understand what goes on inside the stomach? Do we know the process and why food is digested?
When we talk about digestion, there is another aspect that must not be overlooked in the discussion. Enzymes. These chemicals are the major players in changing food items into nutrients. They also play a role in the majority of biological reactions within and outside our body.
It is safe to say that life wouldn’t be like it is without enzymes. That is, in the event that life exists in the first place in the first.
There are three organs that are the most responsible for providing the body with enzymes. These include the stomach and small intestine and the pancreas.
The pancreas is considered the enzyme “powerhouse” in the human body, as it is responsible for the enzymes needed to are responsible for breaking down proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
You may already have an idea that there are a variety of kinds of digestive enzymes, and they all break down different kinds of food items. The pancreas, which is the powerhouse that we talked about, produces three types of digestive enzymes that are the main ones. They are:
- Amylase which helps break down complex carbohydrates. Amylase is a enzyme that breaks down complex. It is also produced by the mouth.
- Lipase breaks down fats.
- Protease is a protein-breaking enzyme that breaks down proteins.
The small intestine also produces several major enzymes, which include:
- Lactase, which breaks down lactose.
- Sucrase that breaks down sucrose.
When the body lacks certain enzymes, or if the body does not have the capacity to release the necessary enzymes, they may be experiencing a problem called digestive enzyme insufficiency.
When someone has digestive enzyme deficiencies suffers from a lack of ability to break down certain foods and absorb specific nutrients. Lactose intolerance is one such condition where the body does not produce enough lactase in order to digest sugar in milk and dairy products.
Digestive enzyme insufficiency isn’t an illness to be taken lightly. It can lead to malnutrition and gastrointestinal irritation. The symptoms of this can include:
- Pain in the belly or cramps
- Stools that are oily
- Unproved weight loss.
If you experience prolonged symptoms like these, it would be recommended to visit your physician. If you experience mild symptoms, it is possible to enhance your digestive enzymes by taking supplements. 10 Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is a diet supplement that may help those who have difficulty digesting food or are lacking some enzymes in your body. It is made up of a carefully chosen blend of enzymes to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption.
Vitapost DIgestive Enzymes assist with digestion of food through a combination of specially selected enzymes that help to correct the deficiencies or improve what is already inside the stomach. It is marketed as an “everyday digestive support” it is intended to be taken often
But, it does not mean that the product can be used to treat or stop the spread of illnesses or allergies. VitaPost Digestive Enzymes are just a supplement. It is not a medication or a prescription medication and shouldn’t be used as such.
Although digestive enzymes are beneficial to our bodies, best substances for digestion are those naturally produced by your body. So, supplements should only be taken when needed. Always consult your physician before taking any kind of supplement. 10 Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
Digestive Enzymes and Work: How VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Perform
Let’s face it, the internet and its online stores generally are brimming with digestive enzyme supplements. Some of these supplements contain specific enzymes for digesting specific types of food. If you’re having trouble digesting starch or sugar, these supplements would provide you with the appropriate enzymes that digest starch or sugar.
However, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes Supplements is quite different. Its formula is made of many enzymes. This helps the supplement digest various kinds of food. In all, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes has enzymes that help in digesting carbohydrates, protein, and other enzymes.
Vitapost Digestive enzymes have also been considered as catalysts because they help make chemical reactions occur more rapidly. They speed up the process of digestion of food, making it easier for the body to have digestion time and the ability to absorb the nutrients.
The ingredients that are included in the supplement’s formula give it a sense of legitimacy. Vitapost Digestive enzymes is comprised of, you guessed it digestive enzymes that break down the body into nutrients and chemicals which your body needs.
When you look at the ingredient list, it’s hard from thinking that this digestive supplement has all its requirements all covered. From the common gluten protein, starches and dairy, to oils, fats grains, even table sugar, it appears that this VitaPost Digestive Enzyme supplement is here to be digested.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Ingredients
When looking to buy supplements, it should be the norm to verify on what the supplement is made of. Be it dietary, probiotic, or even digestive enzyme supplements Any supplement that fails to clearly disclose their ingredients shouldn’t be taken seriously.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is not like that. Their case is that Vitapost Digestive Enzymes clearly have their list of ingredients in the forefront. It’s on the label of the bottle.
However, you might notice the stark distinction between the typical label of ingredients than what can be found in this list. For example, you can see that one of the ingredients is a unit called DU or HUT instead of the typical grams or kg.
The reason is something to do what ingredients comprise the product are. Like the name implies, Vitapost Digestive Enzymes are primarily comprised of enzymes.
For the sake of transparency, VItapost categorizes these enzymes according to the kind of food they break down. For example, when the product talks of enzymes which break carbohydrates, such as Amylase the name will appear within the DU unit.
Additionally, as the supplement is comprised of enzymes, the components are classified into the types of food they consume. They are classified into three categories consisting of proteins enzymes carbohydrate-based enzymes and other useful enzymes.
Protein enzymes are amongst the most hardworking enzymes within the body since they play multiple roles within the body. Among these functions is breaking down proteins that the body consumes and converting them to amino acids.
The protein enzymes found within VitaPost Digestive Enzymes include Protease 1 and 2. Bromelain, Papain, Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase
- Protease 1 and 2. These enzymes are amongst the most crucial when it comes to proteolysis that is the procedure of breaking the proteins into amino acids. In addition, these two enzymes can also be used as to make new protein products.
- Bromelain is a type of enzyme that can commonly be found in the juice of a pineapple, specifically in the stem of the pineapple. For years, it has been utilized in Asia as a treatment for pain, burns and soreness of the muscle along with many other conditions.
- Papain – A different enzyme that assists in the breakdown of protein into amino acids as well as Peptides. Papain is specifically found and extracted from raw papatay fruit. Aside from breaking down protein, papain can assist in neutralizing toxic chemicals that are found in cheeses, meats and even nuts.
- Aspergillopepsin – A different enzyme that degrades gluten. In contrast to mammalian pepsin can efficiently hydrolyze gluten from food into peptides that are short.
- Peptidase is also enzymes that break down gluten. Peptidase can be used to cleave and, more often, inactivating small-sized proteins. Not only do they break proteins, but they are also important for modifying the structure of proteins.
The name implies, Carbohydrate enzymes are enzymes which are primarily focused on digestion and absorption carbohydrates. After consumption of carbohydrates, they combine into saliva inside the mouth. This is the first step toward the process of digestion. Following that, it travels into the stomach, and later is taken to the small intestine
- Amylase – If you consume food items that are starchy, such as rice and potatoes, it is amylase, the enzyme that is mainly responsible for their digestion. Amylase is naturally produced by the pancreas before entering the small intestine. There it assists catalyze transformation of starch to glucose syrups
- Glucoamylase – This is also an enzyme that has the same function with amylase. It breaks down starchy food and converts them into glucose. Although both amylase as well as glucoamylase are produced in the pancreas, it is also made within the mouth. Glucoamylase can also aid in digestion and smoothness and helps to prevent digestive disorders, such as heavyness and bloating, as well as lethargy, gas, and loose stool.
- Lactase – It enzyme processes lactose, a substance present in milk. An imbalance in lactase could make a person lactose intolerant. Lactase breaks down sugars found present in milk to two simple sugars: galactose and glucose
- Beta-glucanase – This enzyme causes the hydrolyzation of beta-glucans. In general it breaks down the sugars found in barley and oats, where beta-glucans are the present in the cell walls of microorganisms.
- Invertase invertase Invertase is named after inverted sugar syrup. The process of creating this substance originates from breaking down sucrose into fructose as well as glucose that are the sugar syrup that was previously referred to as an inverted syrup.
To aid the carbohydrate and protein enzymes in their function Other enzymes are included in the formula for Vitapost Digestive Enzymes. These enzymes are specifically designed to aid in digestion and breaking down a wider range of foods. From plant-based diets to fatty and oily food items these other enzymes are guaranteed to break them down quickly. 10 Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
- Lipase The Lipase enzyme is an important enzyme, especially for those who love oily and fatty food items. Afterall, it is common to know that foods rich in fats and oils, although delicious, can be a digestive nightmare for your stomach. This can make the delicious food less enjoyable. However, with lipase, your body will not have a problem digesting most of them. Lipase has also shown to decrease the sensation of feeling full when this enzyme is taken alongside meals.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, xylanase This set of enzymes are responsible for breaking down the vegetables that you consume in your diet. Particularly, they work on breaking down the difficult to digest cell walls of plant cells and fibers found in these types of diet.
- Phytase – This is among the important enzymes that are required to aid digestion. The phytase enzyme is an essential enzyme when it comes to bone health. When phytase is activated it breaks down a chemical called phytic acid. It can bind vital minerals that are required by the body like iron and zinc. Through Phytase it is possible for these iron and zinc are released, and are easily absorbed by the body. In addition, Phytase is also used to increase the absorption of minerals like calcium and the aforementioned zinc and iron.
VitaPost Use of Digestive Enzymes, and Utilization
Like many supplements available on available, it needs a consistent dosage to get the most benefit of VitaPost Digestive Enzymes. In this instance it is recommended to consume 1 or 2 capsules at the beginning of every meal.
But, it could be impractical given that one bottle VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes with 60 capsules. The recommended dosage may be a bottle that lasts only 10 days.
A good place to start is to use 2 tablets each day, making sure to consume it prior to the most hefty meals. By doing this, you can maximize your use of the capsule, while still permitting your body to function without the need for supplements. That said, the amount of times you consume the capsule is entirely up to you.
But, six capsules should be your limit. Any more than that might result in adverse reactions.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Effects
Because it’s an dietary supplement for digestion, VitaPost Digestive Enzymes main benefits are to aid in healthy digestion. If properly taken, these supplements should allow the body to have an easier and faster time in absorbing nutrients from the food you’ve eaten.
When digestion is good and healthy Other positive effects will be visible. These include clear skin, less migraines, headaches, and body pains.
The way your skin looks is a tell of your overall health. Acne outbreaks can be a sign that something is that is not right with your body. Contrary to this, having clear skin means a healthy body. This is a good sign of a functioning digestive system.
As a result an enlightened skin and a healthy digestive system can also mean less fatigue and pain. This is due to the fact that headaches, body pains and headaches, are all the results of underlying issues from inflammation of the gut or other issues.
The cause of these disorders could be by a lack of nutrients in the digestive system if it is not absorbing and digesting the food you eat properly.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Side Effects
In the case of VitaPost Digestive enzymes supplements there have been no reported side effect. As such, it is safe to take just as long as you follow the dosage guidelines.
However, like any food supplement when you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby it is recommended to visit and check with your doctor. 10 Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
Another point to be aware of it is that the product has dairy, soy, and wheat, which could cause allergies to some people. Therefore, if you have an allergy to any of these substances, then it may be better to find another alternative product.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Price
VitaPost Digestive Enzyme comes in bottles with 60 capsules in each bottle. VitaPost also offers the product in bundles. It is also important to remember that shipping isn’t free. The cost for shipping can be included in the price list.
- One Bottle $24.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Two Bottles $44.80 plus $4.95 Shipping
- 3 bottles: $67.20 plus $4.95 Shipping
- Four Bottles $74.80 Plus $4.95 Shipping
Buying multiple bottles rather than only one bottle can save you lots of money and it even saves lots of shipping. Just by looking and comparing the price, buying the four bottle bundle for $74 would be as buying 3 bottles and getting 1 free.
If you think that you would use for the VitaPost Digestive Enzyme to treat your digestive issues for an extended period of time, I would recommend just buying the 4 bottle bundle.
VitaPost Digestive Enzymes is only accessible online on their official website. As such it is important to get them there and only there. The purchase of supplements from other websites on the internet could be a fraud.
Pros And Cons
- No prescription needed
- Made with natural ingredients
- The formula offers a wide range of enzymes which can be used to treat a variety of foods.
- It can help ease minor digestive issues like indigestion symptoms of bloating, heartburn, and stomach pain
- Helps body absorb nutrients more effectively.
- Chances of giving you clear skin
- Can help ease the pain and fatigue
- It may not be suitable for those with allergies since the ingredients contain allergens.
- May not be suitable for pregnant and lactating females (check with your doctor)
- Not suitable for children younger than 18 years older (check with your physician)
- Only available online and on the official website.
- Insufficient consumption of a daily basis
- May need to be taken in the long run to ensure that there are no lasting effect.
My Verdict on VitaPost Digestive Enzymes
Digestive enzyme supplements typically come in two types. You can choose to go with one that is targeted or you can choose an option that offers a broad-spectrum. VitaminaPost Digestive Enzymes is the latter.
Supplements that go for broad-spectrum like VitaPost is particularly suitable for people looking to improve their digestion as they enjoy eating a diverse foods.
The wide-ranging approach that VitaPost uses in its Digestive Enzyme is clear from just through its ingredient list. This is a good thing as the supplement is honest on what it can offer and what it isn’t able to provide. It isn’t waste of time.
When I received my supplements, which mind you, just took three days to arrive, I was excited about launching my digestive supplement regimen.
A nice aroma greeted me as I opened the bottle. This was something I didn’t anticipate as I was familiar with supplements that smelled “medicinal”. The pills are also perfect in terms of size. They are not too big for people to struggle and not so small that you doubt if you are receiving enough. 10 Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
I’m on my 3rd bottle at the moment and have taken the supplement for three months now (I choose to take two tablets per day which seemed like a good sweet spot to me.) I’ve experienced more frequent bowel movement, and less digestive issues.
Mind you, the effects were not immediate. I think it was about the third week that I began to notice that my gut was feeling better , and my time going to the bathroom became more regular than irregular.
Rest assured. I will continue taking supplements in the coming days. Of course, that is unless I find something better, but for now I’m not convinced.
Frequently Asked Questions 10 Digestive Enzymes And Their Functions
Is VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement Legit?
Yes, these are legitimate supplements.
Of course, it is recommended to purchase the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes Supplement from the official website to avoid scams and ensure credibility
Where should I buy the VitaPost Digestive Enzymes to ensure legitimacy?
You can buy them at the official site.
Make sure you only purchase it on their website. Buying from other online retailers such as eBay and Amazon could result in fake products.
How long do I have to take this digestive supplement?
It is possible to take VitaPost Digestive Enzyme Supplement for as long as you want.
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes supplement is a nutritional supplement. To continue enjoying its benefits, it is recommended to regularly take the supplement. In the same vein you are able to take the supplement off whenever you’d like.
I don’t like taking capsules, is there an alternative way to take the supplement?
Vitapost Digestive Enzymes is only available in capsule form and must be taken in capsule form only.
Crushing, cutting, or modifying supplements in any way shape or form is not advised.
Who should not consume VitaPost Digestive Enzymes?
Women who are lactating or pregnant and children younger than 18 years old and those with allergies should consult their physician prior to taking the supplement.